Quesion about possible new cache locaiton

Waggle

I wish to make a cache of my own but the location that I have picked out is, I believe, 100 yards or so into a state park. My thought was to have my actual cache location be just outside the park. The cache would then have directions and/or coordinates of the actual location.

Without giving too much away, the location I'd like people to visit is somewhere that people would ordinarily just zip right by without a second thought but acutally has some very interesting scientific significance. I figured I'd include in my cache a little background about the spot and, as stated above, directions and/or coordinates to the actual spot of interest.

I should mention that I don't plan on making the cache of any real difficulty to find so it would be 1/1. I'm hoping that it's more about the location and it's significance rather than about the difficultly of getting to or finding the cache.

Does this sound like a good idea? Categorywise I guess this would simply be a traditional cache right?

Without giving too much away, the location I'd like people to visit is somewhere that people would ordinarily just zip right by without a second thought but acutally has some very interesting scientific significance. I figured I'd include in my cache a little background about the spot and, as stated above, directions and/or coordinates to the actual spot of interest.

Sounds like an excellent location for an EarthCache. Look at: http://www.geosociety.org/earthcache/

SlideRule (The fun is in the find )