Adopt-A-River

FlagFinder

i am going to start a new trend no one has metioned. Adopt-A-River. this program is put out by various states Dapartment of Natural Resoarces dapartments. it requires 2 years of service anually about every month or two excluding winter you will be cleaning up the shores of water bodies. this program is similar to adopt a highway. i would consider it safe and many locations are avaliable as the program hasnt fully kicked in and is unheard to the public but its there and the best part is YOU PICK THE LOCATION!!! let me hear how this sounds and what other CITO possibilities await us. :mad:

Minnesota DNR Adot-A-River

i am going to start a new trend no one has metioned. Adopt-A-River. this program is put out by various states Dapartment of Natural Resoarces dapartments. it requires 2 years of service anually about every month or two excluding winter you will be cleaning up the shores of water bodies. this program is similar to adopt a highway. i would consider it safe and many locations are avaliable as the program hasnt fully kicked in and is unheard to the public but its there and the best part is YOU PICK THE LOCATION!!! let me hear how this sounds and what other CITO possibilities await us. :cry:

Minnesota DNR Adot-A-River

FANTASTIC idea, myself and other local cachers are planning a CITO "down by the river" in our area. we would appriciate any info you can pass on.

Here in SW Missouri we have already done a few River Rescue clean ups.

JAMES RIVER BASIN PARTNERSHIP

I am a member of the local Stream Team and have just got a few others interested.

We have done the National Public Lands day since 2001,

PRESIDENT NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY

NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY HOME

As well as the Yearly Geocaching CITO events.

We also add 3 Adopt-a-Highway clean up's it the Mark Twain and Roaring River State Park.

Where our 2.2 miles ends the Cassville Forest Rangers start.

OH well we try.

Here in SW Missouri we have already done a few River Rescue clean ups.

JAMES RIVER BASIN PARTNERSHIP

I am a member of the local Stream Team and have just got a few others interested.

We have done the National Public Lands day since 2001,

PRESIDENT NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY

NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY HOME

As well as the Yearly Geocaching CITO events.

We also add 3 Adopt-a-Highway clean up's it the Mark Twain and Roaring River State Park.

Where our 2.2 miles ends the Cassville Forest Rangers start.

OH well we try.

wow thats cool! it looks similiar i know not all states have the program im taklking about but thats another one.