Legal Land Description

Does anyone know if there is software available to upload into my GPS (Magellan eXplorist) that can convert LSD's (Legal Land Descriptions, eg. 14-06-065-08 w6m or d-94-G / 93-I-09) into other coordinates like Lat/Long? Also, how can I get it if it exists?

I don't think you can upload any program into any GPSr. You might get lucky and find a homemade map overlay with section boundaries although there's very little out there for Magellans.

I have a program on the computer that can do it, although I question its accuracy...

Which program? There are a couple of online converters:

Alberta Township System to Geographic Degrees

Map Town Co-ordinate Converter

A PC mapping program like 'Global Mapper' will do coordinate projections of dozens of coordinate systems such as UTM, state plane, Transverse Mercator, to name a few but I doubt the unregistered version would perform this function. Not being aquainted with the coordinate system you describe I can't say for certain whether Global Mapper would recognize it. I would suggest you look up a local land surveyor and discuss your needs with him/her.

Ok so I was told to phone the communications place in town, and one place claims it exists but doesn't know where from, and the other says it exists as it is sent to them pre-installed in their Garmin models.

Not cheap though, software is found at: http://www.rocandatech.com/Landtracker_con...software_XP.php

and other products: http://rocandatech.com/cgi-bin/online/store.php

Edited by 4 Paws And Then Some