Satellite geocache map of world

MidSSouth

There was once a link to a photo of the world from orbit and all the geocaches were represented by a green or yellow dot. Does anyone have a link to the image?

I'm not sure about what the website that you are talking about, but there is another method to see the same thing. Google Earth has a feature that allows you to place geocache points on the map. It will search for all of the points for the area that is showing. You can zoom out to whatever altitude you want.... This might be somewhat the same...

There was once a link to a photo of the world from orbit and all the geocaches were represented by a green or yellow dot. Does anyone have a link to the image?

I'm not sure about what the website that you are talking about, but there is another method to see the same thing. Google Earth has a feature that allows you to place geocache points on the map. It will search for all of the points for the area that is showing. You can zoom out to whatever altitude you want.... This might be somewhat the same...

This one, I thought it was geocaching.com had a map of the whole world at once and someone had put highlights for ever geocache in the world. It was a static image.

This one, I thought it was geocaching.com had a map of the whole world at once and someone had put highlights for ever geocache in the world. It was a static image.

Chicago (and other cities for that matter) must look like a friggin christmas tree....

--MGb

I'm guessing it'd be no different than when you see an ad involving a picture of North America with a 'dot' for all of the locations of X store, or with X service, or whatnot. It'd be brighter around the major cities/areas, but generally due to viewing like... the entire planet zoomed out, you wouldn't be able to tell even once city from another.

Unless it was like an actual google earth download where you could zoom in and whatnot. Never seen this myself

Is this something different from the google earth with the KML feature? On that one, when you use google earth, the altitude must be under 500 miles, and even then, it can only show 150 caches at at time. If there are more then 150 caches within the view, it randomly selects which 150 caches to show.

What you do is a search of "google earth" . When it comes up download it. It is free. If you download the left hand picture you will get green images showing cache sites (once you download the kml files) If you click on the beta version the caches show up as yellow thumbtacks. It is so cool. Once you get it go to the geocaching home page and scroll down on the right it has a link to download the KML files. Once you do that open up your google earth and click on the file menu in the top left and then click on "new" and that is it. When you zoom in to a town you can not only see where they are but you also see the names of the caches and all the info will come up when you click on the icon. If this has helped you then maybe you can help me. I entered a photo but I can't set up a link. If you would vote for my photo I would really appreciate it. It is on page 26, the last photo on the page entitled "If Indiana Jones Was a Geocacher". Thanks