Geocoins relating to U.K. and Ireland.

Lactodorum

OTT Team Roulette Geocoin - Cleaning out Stock

If you are interested in this coins, send an email to

geo_skull_coins@yahoo.com

OTT Team Roulette Geocoin

I can send invoices via PayPal. I'm trying to clear inventory before the end of the year.

1 Coin for $10.00

3 Coins for $28.00

5 Coins for $44.00

Just let me know if you are interested.

On a different note... Does anyone have the Astro Geocoin?

This being Remembrance Day here in UK, it seems a particularly good time to let UK geocoin enthusiasts know that the H4H geocoin is now available for order.

It looks really attractive in the illustration - I hope it sells well :P

MrsB

Mine came today and i am really pleased such a heavy, fab coin. Thanks to MrsB for the link thats how i found out about the coin :)

Michelle

I'm posting this here because this involves geocoins and food, and I had heard that some really great eats can be found in the UK and Ireland. ...

Please allow a bit of latitude in this post, as it's an attempt to add something positive to the forums.

Would you like chance at winning a free geocoin???

Find your favorite Holiday Recipe and post to your hearts content.

Happy Holidays!

Just mentioning that the Eclectic Penguin coin has been announced on the main coin forum a couple of days ago and that more than half of the regular metal colours have already sold.

You can order here:

http://www.eclectic-penguin.org.uk/cart

You can also read a little about the coin's development and see more pictures here:

http://www.eclectic-penguin.org.uk/coin/blog4.php

There's also one of the limited edition gold version of the coin currently up for auction on e-bay - only 10 of these will be made available in this way.

Announcing “The East Anglia Cachers” Geocoin

This coin has been produced after many discussions over several months by the members of the East Anglia Cachers forum The coin has been minted by Landsharkz

The front depicts Boudica The Queen of the Iceni tribe that came from what is now East Anglia. She led a major uprising against the Roman Empire around 60AD.

The back shows the counties of East Anglia.

The coins are 42mm in diameter and 3.5mm thick and is trackable on Geocaching.com with its own icon

There have been 250 coins minted in 3 finishes, Antique Bonze,(100) Antique Silver (100) and a Black Nickel LE (50 minted of which over 60% are already allocated)

The Coins cost £6 plus P&P

Payment via Paypal please, or UK postal order .

Postage & Paypal fees are as follows:

Uk mainland via 1st Class mail: 1st coin, £1 then add 35p for each additional coin

International 1st Class (outside EU) , £2.40 then 60p for each additional coin

EU countries 1st Class , £1.90 then 45p per coin thereafter

If you require Special/recorded delivery please email for a quote.

All queries/orders to tiggersabout@yahoo.com

e1b060c0-eefd-4e5b-9139-1f299d4ffceb.jpg

8c3d8640-16de-4722-89e1-770a6e6ad644.jpg

827ee56c-b931-4c67-bc08-6c098e1a91e4.jpg

f871b6a7-1eb4-4460-a7d9-6dcbdebcad17.jpg

71022b6f-3a65-4a0e-a5aa-0891985d0a6e.jpg

7f92ade7-a133-4a6e-bdac-8d295c50013a.jpg

For those who don't follow the main coin forum, I thought I'd mention my second personal coin here - Puffin' my way to the next cache

OakFRONT.jpg

OakBACK.jpg

The puffin can be seen in numerous locations around the UK coast - however this one can be seen flying over a representation of Skokholm island, just off the Pembrokeshire coast in South Wales.

As with my first coin, the Eclectic Penguin, these can be ordered at:

http://www.eclectic-penguin.org.uk/cart

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

Also worth mentioning here as they haven't been mentioned in this thread previously are the 2009 South Wales Geocachers coin, a coin minted for our annual event which takes place this year on 2nd May, but a limited number will also go on sale on my cart as soon as they arrive.

There aren't available yet - I'm expecting a mint of 300 in about 2 weeks - 150 satin nickel and 150 antique bronze.

We've had quite a positive reaction to the proof coins that were minted and a "credits" list for all involved can be found on the web page of one of the proof coins - currently not quite complete as we will be listing all those who have financially backed the coin's production in the near future.

6N-01854-FRONT.jpg

6N-01854-BACK.jpg

They will also have their own icons - the icon itself hopefully featuring as part of a mystery cache hidden somewhere in South Wales...

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

Thought this might be the best place to put this.

Does anyone know if there are shops in London that sell Geocoins?

I don't know of any "real" shops that sell geocoins in the U.K. I think most geocachers either buy them direct from the designers/producers that appear in this Topic, or else they get them from the on-line geocaching shops. There are two or three based here in UK and loads of them in USA who will supply geocoins to you.

MrsB :unsure:

Also worth mentioning here as they haven't been mentioned in this thread previously are the 2009 South Wales Geocachers coin, a coin minted for our annual event which takes place this year on 2nd May, but a limited number will also go on sale on my cart as soon as they arrive.

There aren't available yet - I'm expecting a mint of 300 in about 2 weeks - 150 satin nickel and 150 antique bronze.

We've had quite a positive reaction to the proof coins that were minted and a "credits" list for all involved can be found on the web page of one of the proof coins - currently not quite complete as we will be listing all those who have financially backed the coin's production in the near future.

6N-01854-FRONT.jpg

6N-01854-BACK.jpg

They will also have their own icons - the icon itself hopefully featuring as part of a mystery cache hidden somewhere in South Wales...

This is beautiful. The nicest design I have seen ina long while. Are there any still available and how much?

Well done!!

This being Remembrance Day here in UK, it seems a particularly good time to let UK geocoin enthusiasts know that the H4H geocoin is now available for order.

It looks really attractive in the illustration - I hope it sells well :)

MrsB

h4hcoinbig.jpg

They did and on Friday we get to present a large cheque for over £1,050 to Help for Heroes from the proceeds from the H4H Geocoin and other ideas we had. We have the next batch now in stock and aim to raise over £2,000 in total. :D

Ian

Edited by studlyone

We have just got back from Help for Heroes HQ where we delivered our first cheque to them for £1,060.

This money has been raised through the Help 4 Heroes geocoin sales and by geocachers who have opted to round their orders up to the nearest whole pound, so thank you to everyone who has helped us raise this money. We are over halfway now to our goal of raising £2,000.

Here is Kathy (on the right in the pic) presenting the first 'unfeasibly large' cheque to Help for Heroes a very worthy cause.

It was amazing, walking round their offices and looking at the displays - every wall is plastered with newspaper cuttings and letters of support together with pics of people that they have helped and people supporting them and raising money for them. All in all a very humbling experienced especially as I am in the forces myself.

Ian

h4hdonation.jpg

Edited by studlyone

I now have four coins that I have minted for sale ~ Border Collie (Rounding Up Geocaches) Victorian Post Box, King George V Post Box and a British Telephone Box. If you check out the website www.jacaru.co.uk you will be able to see them there. They are all limited to 100 coins each, only 30 now left of the Collie coin. The UK Geocachers shop is also selling them on my behalf.

This is to announce that the South Wales Geocachers are simultaneously launching two completely different coins this year. Both have links to Wales, though it could be argued that the first one has a more international feel to it too.

Firstly, there's the Miner's Safety Lamp coin:

lampFinal.jpg

Also, hopefully at the same time we'll be launching what we currently call The Golfer's Coin (working title which will change when we release it in all probability):

golfballFinal.jpg

Links to the relevant forum pages are provided where more details are also given.

Coins have already been ordered so we should have photos of real coins on display within 2 weeks and hopefully available for sale within 4-5 weeks.

As both are being simultaneoulsy released, should people wish to buy both types, we actively encourage this as part of a single order (when the ordering system is in place!) to save on postage and packaging.

They're great. Would like a miner's lamp or two.

I suggest sending an email to the address linked to on the recommended pages for the coins so that you can be notified when they actually become available and guarantee your reservation if you're really interested in reserving a coin - I can't guarantee requests/intentions expressed on various forums.

They're great. Would like a miner's lamp or two.

I suggest sending an email to the address linked to on the recommended pages for the coins so that you can be notified when they actually become available and guarantee your reservation if you're really interested in reserving a coin - I can't guarantee requests/intentions expressed on various forums.

Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

Essex Country Parks geocoins - designed by Geotrowel - have finally arrived in the UK and have been released by Customs.

The front of each coin shows a stylised tree with the map of Essex making up the top of the tree, the name of the counties 9 Country Parks are engraved around the outer circle. The reverse side has the Essex coat of arms (Sea Axe) and a quote from Einstein about nature engraved around the outer circle.

We have had 252 coins minted, and 4 versions - 63 coins in each version - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. Coins are Trackable on GC.com with customised icon

If anyone is interested in purchasing any please email Michelle (SXParx) ......... geocaching@trailnet.org.uk, to order and for payment details. These will only be available at Essex Country Park events or via SXParx

Each coin costs £8.00 plus £2 p+p (flat rate postage no matter how many coins you oder) - payment via paypal.

4390686752_f59aa3e384.jpg

4390690500_3f02c57662.jpg

4390679278_f06a883432.jpg

4389913537_95ebc8f920.jpg

These coins are absolutely amazing IRL my photography skills however are not and these photos don't do the coins justice.

I'm fairly certain that there's never been a Somerset geocoin produced

BUT

last summer the UK's 2nd Mega Geocaching event was held in Weston-Super-Mare and a special geocoin was designed and created for that event. You can see what it looks like on the link to one of them below:

"Roll out the barrel" geocoin.

These coins were only available to those who were supporters / or attended that event and I don't know whether any of the geocaching sellers still have any available (but I doubt it). If you wanted one you might be able to get one from a UK geocacher who has a spare one to sell.

MrsB :lol:

I'm fairly certain that there's never been a Somerset geocoin produced

BUT

last summer the UK's 2nd Mega Geocaching event was held in Weston-Super-Mare and a special geocoin was designed and created for that event. You can see what it looks like on the link to one of them below:

"Roll out the barrel" geocoin.

These coins were only available to those who were supporters / or attended that event and I don't know whether any of the geocaching sellers still have any available (but I doubt it). If you wanted one you might be able to get one from a UK geocacher who has a spare one to sell.

MrsB ;)

dadgum thats a shame. Although VERY local to me, i wouldnt want one as i didnt attend the event.

See i want a personal coin that i can just use to log my mileage, im not particularly looking to start a collection, so would like to have a coin that represents me ;)

Are there many collectors in the UK or in general who buy regional coins?

im half tempted to design and have one made (ive seen quotes for around £400 banded about on the forums for 100 coins.. would money be made back on them? do you reckon?

I was thinking something along the lines of that rather beautiful Essex coin above, but of course tailored for Somerset.

Edited by SDewer

UK geocachers who like the idea of having a trackable geocoin with their name on it, and in their choice of colours, may be interested in the GeoJellies4 project which has been started over on the Geocoin Discussion forum. Minimum order is for 22 Geojelly beans at US$6 each plus postal charges.

More details: GeoJellies4

MrsB

Was wondering if there would be any interest in a UK version of something similar? Any suggestions as to what?