Cache Camouflage - a request

The Golem

I've lost count of the number of times I've set out to search for a cache, only to walk straight up to the obvious pile of chipped and scratched rocks, pile of unlikely looking twigs or whatever has been used. It always leaves me feeling a little disappointed if I've walked any distance to a cache only to spot it from 10 yards away!

Now, it doesn't happen all the time and I've had more than my fair share of DNF's :) but I always get a warm fuzzy feeling if someone has taken the trouble to make their camouflage a bit different, whether it's camo tape, a nice camo bag or whatever.

So come on folks, as a personal request, use a bit of imagination when you hide your next cache... :rolleyes:

I've lost count of the number of times I've set out to search for a cache, only to walk straight up to the obvious pile of chipped and scratched rocks, pile of unlikely looking twigs or whatever has been used. It always leaves me feeling a little disappointed if I've walked any distance to a cache only to spot it from 10 yards away!

Now, it doesn't happen all the time and I've had more than my fair share of DNF's :rolleyes: but I always get a warm fuzzy feeling if someone has taken the trouble to make their camouflage a bit different, whether it's camo tape, a nice camo bag or whatever.

So come on folks, as a personal request, use a bit of imagination when you hide your next cache... :rolleyes:

I used to have camo netting diguising a few of my caches.... until some thieving git nicked it all :)

This is not always the fault of the original cache placer. I have a cache I placed in a holly tree, disgused with Ivy. Now its moved over two meters and it has become a 'base of tree with stickoflage' jobby. How did that happen? :rolleyes:And no, I dont believe in the Cache Re-hiding Fairies :rolleyes::)

I expect alibags did it. She likes to see a UPOS at every cache! :ph34r: I've heard that SenseiTSKC is quite keen on them aswell. :anicute:

(UPOS = unusual/unlikely pile of sticks)

edit: sometimes I just can't type properly!

Edited by NickPick

I LOVE a big pile of stickoflage! Even better would be a big arrow!

HAHAHA sounds about right for you PUP.

I hate stickoflauge and will throw it away if I see it. Went to a cache once and found what could only be described as a bonfire! A huge pile of sticks on it.

Another cache I went to that I had already dnf'd 3 times had a pile of sticks on it, heck I know that was not there on the previous 3 occasions! I signed the log and rehid it without the sticks!

One of our caches keeps getting piled up with sticks, when we go to check it we take the sticks off and use them at a decoy :rolleyes:

Sticks are ok to hide a cache in moderation! Why put that many on top of it that its so obvious? You may as well stick a flashing light on it. :)

This is not always the fault of the original cache placer. I have a cache I placed in a holly tree, disgused with Ivy. Now its moved over two meters and it has become a 'base of tree with stickoflage' jobby. How did that happen? :rolleyes:And no, I dont believe in the Cache Re-hiding Fairies :anicute::ph34r:

I expect alibags did it. She likes to see a UPOS at every cache! :rolleyes: I've heard that SenseiTSKC is quite keep on them aswell. :ph34r:

(UPOS = unusual/unlikely pile of sticks)

Yes but NOT with the cache hidden underneath them!!! :)

Mind you, some are a work of art, take a look at this couple of fine examples of the genre...

ff9c107f-da62-4b97-a91a-072de3760847.jpg

52e9aaaf-eef0-427d-9e1c-91e5cdd6b5bb.jpg

Apologies for distracting muggle in the pictures...

Edited by Alibags