Who is the best geocacher in the world?

Cache Heads

Me. I am. Don't argue with me. Anybody who caches less than I do is lazy. Anybody who caches more than I do is obsessed and needs help.

Unless you are a very snappy dresser, with a very extensive collection of Aloha shirts. Any cacher with that attribute MUST be the best.......

Oh wait......that's me!!!

Thank you, thank you very much. **insert lip sneer here**

Shop99er has left the building.

[edit--more snotty stuff]

Edited by Shop99er

sun-moon-starz, totally. She does our PQ's, plans routes, stocks our trade items, kicks me out of the house to go cache, sets up events, takes other people caching, designed our state geocoin, does maintenance for other cachers, and more! If she put as much time in to searching as she does all of her other planning, she'd had at least a few thousand more finds, but she chooses to be part of the community, rather than just expend her energies on finding alone.

She's not just a great cacher, she's an enabler to my caching addiction. :)

Edited by budophylus

I was just curious who the best geocacher in the world is. I'm referring to overall greatness-- not just numbers.

Overall greatness?? Don't you read these forums? It's obviously Criminal.

Criminal is definitely one of the funniest! ;) I'll vote for him!

He has my vote for both. :P

EDIT: ah, nevermind.

Edited by subterranean

I was just curious who the best geocacher in the world is. I'm referring to overall greatness-- not just numbers.

Overall greatness?? Don't you read these forums? It's obviously Criminal.

Criminal is definitely one of the funniest! ;) I'll vote for him!

He has my vote for both. :P

Come'on! I just ate dinner!

Actually the greatest isn't even a human.

In our part of the state of Washington. (Seattle West) it has to be Shop99er. They have a lot of finds, a lot of good caches placed, active geocoin collectors, but most of all they provide three or four big events a year. They spend their own money and lots of time planning big fun events such as the Spring Fling in the spring, GeoLuau in August and a Halloween Party. Dick, W7WT

The one who can walk right up to a cache without a GPS and no prior knowledge of its location other than reading the web page for it.

Hmph!

You have to read the web page? I just find the caches by telepathy with the hider.

<insert condescending look here>

crikey thats a bit old fashioned i divine the future and stand waiting at the spot just before they hide them.

<insert more condescending look here>

I don't know who the best is, but I certainly am in running for the worst.

No, I'm definately the worst. At least that's what I tell myself at most caches. :laughing:

Oh yeah, can you beat a 130 DNF to 511 find ratio? I didn't think so.

Probably true, but since I unfortunately used to not log my dnf's (and cannot remember them all to go back and re-log), we shall never know, shall we? :)

The best ... such a subjective question that can only be answered by each geocacher given their preferences ...

From our perspective - the best geocachers are admins and hiders, the great voluntary givers to the game with their free time and resources to support other players.

Quantity is one indication (see top 20): My link

and for Quality - Wheeler Dealers are at the top of our list because they also maintain so many great quality & family fun hides. Spring and Fall geocaching in the Greater Palm Springs (GPS) area when the weather is pleasant is a great geocaching vacation destination ... it's just the best!

Best geocaching partner for a numbers run - Peasinapod

Have no idea who is considered the best geocaching forum poster - maybe another thread?

Silly to ask that question because you will never get a straight answer.

You're about 6 years late. The best cacher was already decided in posts #33 & #34. :anitongue:

I would agree except for that " crack " cache that almost took me out :rolleyes:

Well I don't know who the best Geocacher is But I know who the best Geocache owner is (At least of the Cache's I've found. And its the second cache I logged.) Don't see how anyone is gonna beat that one Except maybe the guy who put one on the ISS. BTW thanks Bamboozle for placing it. My whole family loved it!

Silly to ask that question because you will never get a straight answer.

You're about 6 years late. The best cacher was already decided in posts #33 & #34. :anitongue:

I would agree except for that " crack " cache that almost took me out :rolleyes:

That's why I rated it a 5/5. :anitongue:

Hey, it got you out to my version of paradise.

And you got to eat at the best gas station restaurant in the world. :anibad:

6db33ece-5117-4790-9d30-fcf1894443f3.jpg

And the big smile on her face was worth it right?

e2665a25-1cd3-40ec-8783-6dfd57ff175a.jpg

e2665a25-1cd3-40ec-8783-6dfd57ff175a.jpg

I think I've seen this before. In the next scene a boulder falls on her arm pinning her in place. The only thing in reach is the hiking pole. She then spends the next few days using it to saw thru her arm ultimately freeing herself.