A Good Idea?

nickzeke

Yes it would be a personal coin for me.

The purpose of the button is like the "Launch" button on an air craft the base would be flat and the button would be rounded and raised.

I would be happy to work with you on coming up with a design. A Pi coin has already been done, but perhaps we can work with your button some. Let me know if you'd like some help and we can go from there!

mopork.gifHappy Thanksgiving!

Edited by UOTrackers

Yes it would be a personal coin for me.

The purpose of the button is like the "Launch" button on an air craft the base would be flat and the button would be rounded and raised.

And this would be personal to you because...? (Not being a smart a**, I'm serious)

"Normally" a personal coin reflects something about the cacher making the coin. Something you like to do(beyond Geocaching [GASP! :anicute: ] ), something relating to your career choice or current job, something from your past that has meaning to you, something to express your personality, or even a common theme used for your caching persona.

Trust me it is not always easy to come up with something! :rolleyes:

I've yet to come up with something for my own personal coin because I just can't nail down something that I'd like to immortalize on my personal coin. I've probably gone through 15-20 different variations of different themes for my coin.

Let's see, stuff that influence my personal coin design... I've always loved fast cars (NASCAR, Drag Racing, Indy Cars) & hot rods (I've owned a 69 Camaro, a 69 Chevelle, A 69 & 71 Nova, & a 71 Challenger), I'm into graphic design & art (daily job is a graphic designer for a sign shop), I'm a family man (married 19 years this past Tuesday and have a 15 yr old daughter), I'm a semi-practicing Christian (Don't attend services regularly like I should, but the beliefs are very strong in my daily walk through life), I'm a fun loving person that likes most anything that will put a smile on someones face, and last but not least I love 'possums! (OK! OK! A 41 yr old male that will buy any toy stuffed 'possum or figurine he can get his hands on!! :lol: Sue me!! :rolleyes::ph34r: [Trust Me! There isn't that much out there!! :ph34r: ])

So, what I am saying is don't make a coin just for the sake of making a coin. Give it some thought, put something that is truely about yourself... MAKE IT PERSONAL!!

Hope this helps. :lol:

D-man :)

Let's see, stuff that influence my personal coin design... I've always loved fast cars (NASCAR, Drag Racing, Indy Cars) & hot rods (I've owned a 69 Camaro, a 69 Chevelle, A 69 & 71 Nova, & a 71 Challenger), I'm into graphic design & art (daily job is a graphic designer for a sign shop), I'm a family man (married 19 years this past Tuesday and have a 15 yr old daughter), I'm a semi-practicing Christian (Don't attend services regularly like I should, but the beliefs are very strong in my daily walk through life), I'm a fun loving person that likes most anything that will put a smile on someones face, and last but not least I love 'possums! (OK! OK! A 41 yr old male that will buy any toy stuffed 'possum or figurine he can get his hands on!! :rolleyes: Sue me!! :rolleyes::anicute: [Trust Me! There isn't that much out there!! :) ])

D-man :lol:

I've got just the girl for you! ............... Oh wait, you said you're married. :ph34r:

Gridlox is making a good point, personal coins should be personal. Besides, the tracking number would mess up the pretty red dot. :ph34r: It would have to be trackable if you were to post it for it in the forums.