Cache booty I can't wait to find!

Pharmadude

All joking aside, smelly things in the cache up here in Alaska invite visits from bears (far less benign than a visit from a raccon or similar small-sized cache raider). I did one cache where the bear was waiting for the next visitor - it had knocked about the cache to raid foodstuffs (based on the trash I found and the condition of the cache), and had not left the area - not really funny at all when I looked up and saw "Junior" sidling towards me out of the tall brush, I tell you! I'm not amused to walk up on 'bearbait' unaware - so I've redoubled my caution quotient and treat all caches in park areas (in the city and outside the city - we have over a hundred bears inside the 'city' proper) as if someone's stupidly left bear attractant...

All joking aside, smelly things in the cache up here in Alaska invite visits from bears I did one cache where the bear was waiting for the next visitor - it had knocked about the cache to raid foodstuffs (based on the trash I found and the condition of the cache), and had not left the area - not really funny at all when I looked up and saw "Junior" sidling towards me out of the tall brush, I tell you! I'm not amused to walk up on 'bearbait' unaware - so I've redoubled my caution quotient and treat all caches in park areas (in the city and outside the city - we have over a hundred bears inside the 'city' proper) as if someone's stupidly left bear attractant...

The exact same thing happens here, except with squirrels. It's very scary. :P