GPSBabel+

Team Geotor

Trying to figure out GPSBabel+ (1.3.2)

For Pocket Queries-

Which of the 88 options do you use for the input and output file types? Going to a Garmin Legend CX.

Where are the Docs for this program? I saw a note that said if you didn't DL from their site many would not get the Docs, but I did and I didn't get the Docs.

Is this program really so simple that everyone just kows how to use it? I'm missing something, and know nothing about command lines which seems a big part of this program.

Thanks for any help...

Is this program really so simple that everyone just kows how to use it? I'm missing something, and know nothing about command lines which seems a big part of this program.

If you are on a Mac, check out my program, MacCaching. It is also based on GPSBabel, but not just a "front-end" for its endless options. It is far from complete, but you can File -> Import a pocket query and send it to your Garmin based GPS. My intention is to make it iTunes, but for Geocaching.

GPSBabel+ is just a front-end and doesn't (in my opinion) make using gpsbabel any easier.

For Pocket Queries-

Which of the 88 options do you use for the input and output file types? Going to a Garmin Legend CX.

Since your input is a pocket query and a pocket query is GPX, the input type is GPX. The output is "Garmin". Be sure to select "USB".
Where are the Docs for this program?
At http://www.gpsbabel.org/readme.html and the rtf doc that came in the disk image.

If you really want to automate something (perhaps you're doing the same conversion a few hundred times...) the command line is the clear thing to use. The current GUIs expose all but the most esoteric options.