My apology also...

ArtieD

I was wrong for going after TheAlabamaRambler and sending those messages to him.

I truly apologize to both him and all members here.

You forgot to post "in before my ban". too late now though, I guess.

Translation: Apology not accepted. Once a thing is seen it can't be unseen.

I think you were brave to post an open apology and in light of what has been seen.... I'd expect more of this.

Sorry, I don't accept your apology nor do I find it sincere. In all likelihood you were told to apologize or be banned, your choice. You made fun of a cacher due to their disability, how hurtful is that? You also made mean and nasty remarks regarding a very kind and warm individual who loves this game. You have never met nor cached with CCCooper but you choose to attack her in a vicious way. I can't believe your posting rights weren't banned immediately. It is people like you who give forums and caching a bad name.

And just so I beat you to the punch, my husband and I happen to be friends with both Ed and Lynn.

Sorry, I don't accept your apology nor do I find it sincere. In all likelihood you were told to apologize or be banned, your choice. You made fun of a cacher due to their disability, how hurtful is that? You also made mean and nasty remarks regarding a very kind and warm individual who loves this game. You have never met nor cached with CCCooper but you choose to attack her in a vicious way. I can't believe your posting rights weren't banned immediately. It is people like you who give forums and caching a bad name.

And just so I beat you to the punch, my husband and I happen to be friends with both Ed and Lynn.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I apologized and I am truly sorry for what I said.

However, I must ask how I may give caching a bad name? I follow the rules, sign my logs and try to CITO when I can...

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Sorry...but I'm not buying it either. You didn't just send one email...but at least two, and you publicly attacked 2 very nice people. You can question Lynn's numbers if you want, and you have a lot of company in that area. However the attacks on Ed were completely uncalled for and showed a side of you that I'm not going to forget for awhile.

El Diablo

Sorry, I don't accept your apology nor do I find it sincere. In all likelihood you were told to apologize or be banned, your choice.

When I first opened this thread, he was in fact a "banned premium member". I know I'm not imagining it. Hence, my first post to this thread makes no sense. Obviously he was "unbanned" quickly. Man, how could you possibly get that worked up about CCCA, and attack the Rambler by both the gc.com emailer and YIM?. I forgive you though. Not that I'm anyone, or that means anything. :laughing:

Apology not accepted. You have been are a hateful person. On more than one occasion you have been hateful toward me in the past, so this behavior is nothing new for you.

If you were truly sorry for your action you would change your behavior and be more respectful and tolerant of others.

When have I been hateful towards you?

However, I must ask how I may give caching a bad name? I follow the rules, sign my logs and try to CITO when I can...

What exactly is the point of that edit given your posting record today and the fact that you got caught out behind the scenes.....?

I wanted to feel sorry for you after your last post and then you went and edited your remark. :ph34r:

I'm reconsidering my remark that you were brave to post an open apology. You want another scrap to nitpick those two words. Don't you? :anicute: Did you read my first post? I never heard of you before today. :laughing:

Let me translate MY last post: You made your bed. You hit rock bottom. If I were you I'd take my medecine.

Ed and Lynn are friends of mine too. You openly insulted and challenged two people who are deserving of the friendships they have made and the respect they have earned in their years of dedication to geocaching.

Now, you are picking up the shovel again. You can dig or you can take it on the chin.... Which do you think would be the best course at this point?

Interesting aside: No one had posted a response when I started writing this. This is actually the second draft because my first felt wayyy too harsh. :ph34r:

What exactly is the point of that edit given your posting record today and the fact that you got caught out behind the scenes.....?

I wanted to feel sorry for you after your last post and then you went and edited your remark. :ph34r:

I'm reconsidering my remark that you were brave to post an open apology. You want another scrap to nitpick those two words. Don't you? :anicute: Did you read my first post? I never heard of you before today. :laughing:

Let me translate MY last post: You made your bed. You hit rock bottom. If I were you I'd take my medecine.

Ed and Lynn are friends of mine too. You openly insulted and challenged two people who are deserving of the friendships they have made and the respect they have earned in their years of dedication to geocaching.

Now, you are picking up the shovel again. You can dig or you can take it on the chin.... Which do you think would be the best course at this point?

Interesting aside: No one had posted a response when I started writing this. This is actually the second draft because my first felt wayyy too harsh. :ph34r:

I honestly don't want to start anything. In fact I agree in a way with the general sentiment of the post I replied to. I know I must work on the way I treat others. I was a little taken aback by the comment that I hurt caching as a whole. I think that I am a responsible cacher. In no way did I mean anything else.

I'm sorry I said anything.

You haven't offended me so my forgiveness is unneeded. To earn the forgiveness of the ones you have offended will take a total makeover, everything you post from today forward must be impeccable in their eyes, if you are sincere and persevere you will earn it in time.

I've been in your shoes and theirs both and I've learned alot, that's why I post very little. :laughing:

Remember, life is unpredictable, the one you maligne today maybe the only one who can help you tomorrow, keep your best side forward at all times.

You haven't offended me so my forgiveness is unneeded. To earn the forgiveness of the ones you have offended will take a total makeover, everything you post from today forward must be impeccable in their eyes, if you are sincere and persevere you will earn it in time.

I've been in your shoes and theirs both and I've learned alot, that's why I post very little. :laughing:

Remember, life is unpredictable, the one you maligne today maybe the only one who can help you tomorrow, keep your best side forward at all times.

Agreed on all points. I think the key is not conformity. Heck, my views have been severely disagreed upon in the past, but i never took it personally, and I never attacked anyone personally, so no harm, no foul. IMHO, feel free to disagree, and heck even post non-conformist issues. But don't make it personal, and don't direct posts towards one's personality or shortcomings.

Keep it neutral. Pretend you're at a family party and phrase your responses accordingly. I always do, and if everyone and their mother disagrees with my views, I ignore the thread and move on...

JM2C

--MGb

But don't make it personal, and don't direct posts towards one's personality or shortcomings.

Keep it neutral. Pretend you're at a family party and phrase your responses accordingly. I always do, and if everyone and their mother disagrees with my views, I ignore the thread and move on...

JM2C

--MGb

A "shortcoming" to a person might be "strength" to another. For example, a personal attack can reveal a lot about the weakness of the attacker. :laughing:

Edited by budd-rdc

We are good friends with both Lynn and Ed, and I hope someday you will meet as good of friends through your own caching expierences as we have. I also hope you learn if it doesn't hurt you personally then leave it be, this life is too short to be upset over some lousey numbers of some people you don't even know. We hope you can grow as a person and a cacher. I hope you meant the appology.

Have a great Thanksgiving,

WCNUT & Tater

Perhaps it's time for this thread to be closed.

A&T apologized. Many people accept his/her/their apology, some don't, others kinda do but want to continue to express their displeasure. I don't see how any good can come from leaving the thread open and it certainly doesn't have anything to do with the act of geocaching, at this point.

But don't make it personal, and don't direct posts towards one's personality or shortcomings.

JM2C

--MGb

A "shortcoming" to a person might be "strength" to another. For example, a personal attack can reveal a lot about the weakness of the attacker. :laughing:

Interesting, but I did not make the post you quote.