Geocaching Calendar 2

Dave I am sure I sent your calendar to the address on the PP payment, maybe your postie is on overtime for Santa :ph34r:

To be honest of the 11 I sent out on Thursday only 3 have replied to say they have received them, so maybe they are running behind and they are only 2nd class. :laughing:

Give it until the end of the week and if you still don't have yours I will send you another :laughing:

Mandy :mad:

Thanks Mandy, it does appear as though the Thursday batch may have got delayed. I'll wait a bit longer. :huh:

I really feel it is the people who have said yes to the calendar that deserve the thanks, I couldn't have raised the money for the charity myself :D

It is the kindness and generosity of the geocachers the length and breadth of the country that have pulled togeteher to help a "friend" in need thats deserve the praise, :D I just sat at home doing what I do most days playing games on the puter and the reading forums, and once in a while filling the printer with paper or changing the odd ink cartridge :):D (it beats working for a living :D )

Mandy :D

I knew you could have done my washing and ironing Mandy !! :D

Next time !! and thanks again.

Oh I didn't think you were ging to admit you bought one Peter, :D not that you could hide it with your avatar splattered all over the calendar :D

I wonder if the other two admit it too :D:D

And how can we deny it with our Avatars splashed on it :laughing: and just being outed for good measure :D. And this after all the praise I heaped on you yesterday :D

If it wasn't for a worthy cause, I'd fall out with you :D

[just joking folks :D , Mandy has done us all proud]

I've set my self a person challenge for it :D to get everyone whose Avatar is on the calender, to autograph it in person

Did anyone receive a calendar on Saturday :lol: there were definitely 12 posted out on Thursday.

I have 20 to post out tomorrow and thats them all gone to people who asked for them :unsure: and again the money going to the charity is going to be more than I previously quoted :blink::blink: as several people have made donations by cheque and Paypal in with their calendar payments, once all the money has been collected in I will give a final amount I will be paying to The Scottish Spinal Injuries Charity and put a link up to the page so you can see how much it was. <_<:rolleyes:

Mandy :huh:

Postie just been, we're the last house on his route, and no calendar today either :) Although am sure it can't be far away now :)

Team Incredible yours definitely went out last Thursday :rolleyes: Dave Haggis Hunters took a week or maybe a little more :anicute: I think it has something to do with those Scottish Posties. B)

Give it a few more days and if you still don't have it let me know and I will post out another :P

Mandy B)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Not received mine yet, just hope the postman has not lost it. According the News the postmen are losing a record number of letters this winter.

Bill Seiko

Bill yours went in the post about an hour ago :rolleyes: and after reading the last few notes on this thread I think you should expect to receive it about Easter :P:)

Seriously........... again give it a week and if you still don't have it let me know :anicute:

Mandy :)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Hi mandy, the Calendar is amazing :(

Did you get the payment? Oh and I am going to put my Calender into the prize pot for the Event :(

So if you have missed out....get to the event and try and win it :D

CD

I am soooooo pleased a couple of people have replied saying they have them, I thought I should give up on my glass of Christmas Bailey's :D:D

I have bought an extra one too for a raffle prize at our North East Christmas Bash on Saturday :(

Mandy B)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Oh I am pleased Emily :D I was starting to think I had only been dreaming about posting out the ones last Thursday :(:D:wub: and I am pleased the North East posties are a little bit faster than the rest of the country :D:wub::(

That is why it is taking me ages to reach my 1000th cache, too much work not enough play :D:D

:D:D:D Got my little Chrismas Cracker with this morning's post, Cheers Mandy.........GREAT JOB!!!!! :):):):)

Hmmmm.....April,..........Hmmmmmmm.....April the 1st........

........what did Webscouter do deserve to be with those three...........gentlemen? :D:D:D:D:D

Dave

Eckys calendar was posted on Thursday and he received it on Saturday :D:o are the reviewers secret posties ? :D us normal lowly cachers have to wait a week plus for our calendars :D do you know something we don;t? :D

But shhhhhh I am saying nowt, I know who to keep in with :D

Hiya All

Just to keep you all in the know :anibad:

I made 84 calendars and sold 83 (1 went to Billy Twigger)

I still have 8 calendars to post out, I am waiting for either surnames or addresses for these <_<

I have 14 payments to collect in :P

I have received 6 donations totalling £50.00 :P:)

83 calendars @ £2.50 plus £50.00 donation making a minimum (so far) for The Scottish Spinal Injuries Charity of £257.50 :P:(:D

The North East Christmas Bash raised £30.00 which has already been paid to the charity. :(

The remaining money will be paid to the charity hopefully the week in between Christmas and The New Year or very early in the New Year ( I am blaming the post for this as the cheques are taking ages to come in <_<:D )

Thats it for now

The last eight calendars have been posted out today and you should hopefully receive them before the end of the week. :signalviolin:

I am still waiting for seven payments, I can only accept cheques and postal orders for the remaining payments as the Paypal payments take so long to sort out and is a bit of a palaver.

I see chizu is closing down the donation page on 13th January so I must receive all payments by this date, anyone who has not paid by this date I will just minus their £5.00 from the charity payment.

Our Paypal account has been transferred to our bank account, we now have to wait 5-7 working days for the money to go into our account, once it is there we will pay it straight away to the charity. ;)

When I have a final figure we are going to pay to the charity I will let you all know.

Mandy :anitongue:

Mandy remember when submitting the amount to the charity, to select to receive the gift aid. I don't know the actual figure but the government adds an extra 25% or so, at no extra cost to anyone. (other than the tax payer!!)

I saw that when I entered our money for the North East Meet Dave. :anitongue:

But I gotta becareful here, it asks if the money is from one person or lots of people, I will obviously say lots of people, ;) and then to claim the Gift Aid you have to say that each and every person is a tax payer. :signalviolin:

It is all a bit legal, if I say the amount is just from me and we are tax payers I would be lying as it is not just from us, if I say it is from many people and I state they are all tax payers too I would be lying again as I don't personally know that. :D

When I used to do the accounts for our local scout group each parent filled in a form to say if they worked and paid taxes and who they worked for and yes they would be willing to help out with the Gift Aid, obviously I cannot do that here.

I did hum and har a bit with the payment from the Nort East Meet, and thought even though the charity would loose out on the Gift Aid it was better to be honest and just put in the £30.00 without claiming Gift Aid, and I think that is also what I will do with the money from the calendars, I will just make the payment and not claim the Gift Aid. :anitongue:

I know the charity will loose out on some of the extra money, but I think it is best to be honest and keep myself right, you just know it will come back and bite you or someone will say something if I try to claim a little bit extra for the charity. ;)

In the end I think honesty is the best policy and I will make the payment and not claim the Gift Aid.

If anyone else knows the Gift Aid rules and regulations and could help me out I would be grateful.

Anyone who has bought a calendar could let me know their opinions too, but I think we are best being honest. ;)

Mandy :wub:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Mandy remember when submitting the amount to the charity, to select to receive the gift aid. I don't know the actual figure but the government adds an extra 25% or so, at no extra cost to anyone. (other than the tax payer!!)

I saw that when I entered our money for the North East Meet Dave. :anitongue:

But I gotta becareful here, it asks if the money is from one person or lots of people, I will obviously say lots of people, ;) and then to claim the Gift Aid you have to say that each and every person is a tax payer. :signalviolin:

It is all a bit legal, if I say the amount is just from me and we are tax payers I would be lying as it is not just from us, if I say it is from many people and I state they are all tax payers too I would be lying again as I don't personally know that. :D

When I used to do the accounts for our local scout group each parent filled in a form to say if they worked and paid taxes and who they worked for and yes they would be willing to help out with the Gift Aid, obviously I cannot do that here.

I did hum and har a bit with the payment from the Nort East Meet, and thought even though the charity would loose out on the Gift Aid it was better to be honest and just put in the £30.00 without claiming Gift Aid, and I think that is also what I will do with the money from the calendars, I will just make the payment and not claim the Gift Aid. :anitongue:

I know the charity will loose out on some of the extra money, but I think it is best to be honest and keep myself right, you just know it will come back and bite you or someone will say something if I try to claim a little bit extra for the charity. ;)

In the end I think honesty is the best policy and I will make the payment and not claim the Gift Aid.

If anyone else knows the Gift Aid rules and regulations and could help me out I would be grateful.

Anyone who has bought a calendar could let me know their opinions too, but I think we are best being honest. ;)

Mandy :wub:

You are right not to claim Gift Aid - as you say, it is for individuals. Also, in buying calendars, we were not giving. The only thing that you could claim for might be the margin between the costs you incurred and the money you received for the calendars, which could be construed as your income, but then you would have to declare it to the taxman......Ouch, my head hurts!