Around the World in 80 Caches

avroair

The bonus feats are just that. They can be done anytime but they still conform to the rules of the other feats. You can't have two consecutive feats by the same cacher in the same 24 hour period, and no more than 3 logged feats by the same cacher over the lifetime of the game.

oups, didn't read that posting until now and I admit I didn't do it that way because I thought it will be always like the first bonus feature (I could claim both - the bonus and the first cache although I am the same cacher)

If a bonus can't be done by the cacher who takes the coin to the next cache it would mean that I could log only a few bonus features as "real" bonus as my coin is moving normally (i.e. no events, no grabbings) - I would just "loose" the normal feature.

How do the others see that point? Do you instruct people to grab the coin if more guys are caching together?

@new bonus feature: Can anyone of the German speakers translate Faire to me: Messe? Kirtag? Or one of the english speakers explain what it is :P

A fair is an exhibition of traders of a certain industry for me but that doesn't fit to circus and carnival :(

The bonus feats are just that. They can be done anytime but they still conform to the rules of the other feats. You can't have two consecutive feats by the same cacher in the same 24 hour period, and no more than 3 logged feats by the same cacher over the lifetime of the game.

oups, didn't read that posting until now and I admit I didn't do it that way because I thought it will be always like the first bonus feature (I could claim both - the bonus and the first cache although I am the same cacher)

If a bonus can't be done by the cacher who takes the coin to the next cache it would mean that I could log only a few bonus features as "real" bonus as my coin is moving normally (i.e. no events, no grabbings) - I would just "loose" the normal feature.

How do the others see that point? Do you instruct people to grab the coin if more guys are caching together?

@new bonus feature: Can anyone of the German speakers translate Faire to me: Messe? Kirtag? Or one of the english speakers explain what it is :laughing:

A fair is an exhibition of traders of a certain industry for me but that doesn't fit to circus and carnival :anitongue:

a country faire is different than a job fair or exhibition of traders --- that's a trade show! :laughing: Go ahead and log your bonus feats! :laughing:

How do the others see that point?

UGH! I didn't see this either. When did the rules for the bonus feat change from the first one when the bonus and a regular feat could be claimed in one move (cache)? I've been trying to play the game as I thought it was inteded by the adminitrator. My understanding was 1 cache = 1 feat (with the excpetion of the bonus feats). Thus 80 feats = 80 caches, which is where the name of the game comes from. If the coin must be and logged into a cache for the bonus feats too, then it becomes more than 80 caches necessary to complete the game, no?

If this is truly the rule, then I'll go back and delete all of my bonus feat claims, because they were ALL claimed along with another feat. But if the bonus is treated just like any oter feat, why call it a bonus at all? And more importatnly, why use the TB ID to log the feat. Why not use the cache ID? I think this whole business of using the TB ID to log bonus feats just supports the misunderstanding(?) that the bonus was allowed to be accomplished along with another feat, then logged along with that feat when placed into the next cache.

Please clarify. It seems like we're still playing by different rules. There is no way to tell any true standings whatsoever.

Thanks.

How do the others see that point?

UGH! I didn't see this either. When did the rules for the bonus feat change from the first one when the bonus and a regular feat could be claimed in one move (cache)? I've been trying to play the game as I thought it was inteded by the adminitrator. My understanding was 1 cache = 1 feat (with the excpetion of the bonus feats). Thus 80 feats = 80 caches, which is where the name of the game comes from. If the coin must be and logged into a cache for the bonus feats too, then it becomes more than 80 caches necessary to complete the game, no?

If this is truly the rule, then I'll go back and delete all of my bonus feat claims, because they were ALL claimed along with another feat. But if the bonus is treated just like any oter feat, why call it a bonus at all? And more importatnly, why use the TB ID to log the feat. Why not use the cache ID? I think this whole business of using the TB ID to log bonus feats just supports the misunderstanding(?) that the bonus was allowed to be accomplished along with another feat, then logged along with that feat when placed into the next cache.

Please clarify. It seems like we're still playing by different rules. There is no way to tell any true standings whatsoever.

Thanks.

I only have the initial bonus feat so far (my picture), but this is also the way I understand it. A bonus is a bonus, thus the TB ID instead of the cache ID.

Thanks.

I only have the initial bonus feat so far (my picture), but this is also the way I understand it. A bonus is a bonus, thus the TB ID instead of the cache ID.

Yes indeed, the rules for the Bonus Feats have long been confusing to many. B) Tough enough for we race coin owners who have pored through all the game rules and who regularly wade through the ATWI80C thread(s) here in the forums to try to piece together the rule intent for Bonus Feats. But even tougher to try to explain it to those kindly cachers who are trying to help my Xanadu along clear across the globe.

I love the idea of having a fresh new bonus feat unveiled each month, but I do think the rules for such should be spelled out in the "Game Rules" at cachinggames.com once and for all.

Also, I DO so wish that the Bonus Feats would be regularly posted on the official TB1AE1D "The 80 Caches Bonus Coin" page. There are fully 50 folks (incl. me) watching that page, and I have it linked to my Xanadu racer coin page so those who are trying their best to help Xanadu are ever aware of what feats (incl. each monthly bonus feat) are currently available. Yet...

Alas I missed out on logging the April/May feat for (apparently the pic w/ a policeman, etc.) 'cuz it was never posted on the official Bonus Coin page. :D Likewise this new May/June Bonus Feat - please post on the TB1AE1D page.

That said, kudos to dear avroair for cobbling together a most creative and fun coin race. My Xanadu is now 11th (among 128) in points (and numero UNO in average pts./feat: 7.1), and I continue to be amazed at how earnest - both geochums and geostrangers across the globe - are in striving to earn the most points possible in their max. 3 moves. Indeed, no doubt this silly race has fostered new friendships and many smiles as cachers near and far tote a sparkly geoballoon 'round the World - all thanks to avroair!

Alas I missed out on logging the April/May feat for (apparently the pic w/ a policeman, etc.) 'cuz it was never posted on the official Bonus Coin page. :D Likewise this new May/June Bonus Feat - please post on the TB1AE1D page.

You didn't miss out. I was told by avroair that bonus feats can be logged any time after they are each announced and only expire when the race ends.

If this is truly the rule, then I'll go back and delete all of my bonus feat claims, because they were ALL claimed along with another feat. But if the bonus is treated just like any oter feat, why call it a bonus at all? And more importatnly, why use the TB ID to log the feat. Why not use the cache ID?

You are fine, don't delete them.

The bonus feats only fall under the 3 feats per cacher rule, this is to stop people toteing your coin all over and claiming 5 bonus feats and 3 regular feats without actually giving it up. The bonus feats are simply that, a bonus... this game is kinda a work in progress so disregard what I mentioned early and just continue to moniter the thread as I randomly switch rules hourly. B):DB)

PS- If I try something like this again,yes, I will thoroughly write out the rules with every conceivable wrinkle and afterforementioned rule stated, AND people would start their balloons randomly with another person in the race so as to stop the "group backyard cache runs."

That said, kudos to dear avroair for cobbling together a most creative and fun coin race. My Xanadu is now 11th (among 128) in points (and numero UNO in average pts./feat: 7.1), and I continue to be amazed at how earnest - both geochums and geostrangers across the globe - are in striving to earn the most points possible in their max. 3 moves. Indeed, no doubt this silly race has fostered new friendships and many smiles as cachers near and far tote a sparkly geoballoon 'round the World - all thanks to avroair!

Ditto on the kudos and thank you's, avroair!

The bonus feats only fall under the 3 feats per cacher rule

:(:anicute::anicute::unsure:

And I am glad to hear that I can do the bonus any time - thought every bonus is just valid for a month and one of the coins missed the windmill.

PS- If I try something like this again,yes, I will thoroughly write out the rules with every conceivable wrinkle and afterforementioned rule stated, AND people would start their balloons randomly with another person in the race so as to stop the "group backyard cache runs."

well, I saw many races yet - and honestly: your way is the best :anibad:

and the idea of this various categories is great!!

so - if I ever start a race - I'll copy YOUR game :ph34r:

If this is truly the rule, then I'll go back and delete all of my bonus feat claims, because they were ALL claimed along with another feat. But if the bonus is treated just like any oter feat, why call it a bonus at all? And more importatnly, why use the TB ID to log the feat. Why not use the cache ID?

The bonus feats only fall under the 3 feats per cacher rule, this is to stop people toteing your coin all over and claiming 5 bonus feats and 3 regular feats without actually giving it up. The bonus feats are simply that, a bonus... this game is kinda a work in progress so disregard what I mentioned early and just continue to moniter the thread as I randomly switch rules hourly. :D:D:blink:

Gulp... I deleted them April 5 2007 :D

However, the good news is that when I add them again, I will be back at the 4th place on the ladder!!! :P

Race question for ya avroair: For the "placed with another racer coin" - that can be any geocoin/TB race, yes?

No, it's gotta be a balloon racer. :rolleyes:

Feat 88: July Bonus

Have coin's photo taken on an amusement park ride (roller coaster etc.)

An amusement park does NOT include a carnival or traveling attraction.

Worth: 5 Points

Monthly coin giveaway, congrats to:

golfdeltamike for moving cachorganic's balloon racer coin

pamakiki for moving hipper's balloon racer coin

fftoolman for moving The Dream Cachers balloon racer coin

Feat 89: August Bonus

Have your coin pictured at a benchmark, trig point or survey marker - 5 Points

Congrats to this month's three winners:

CarolynCache n' GeoJack for moving Jenbut's balloon racer

Waldradler for moving AtlantaGal's balloon racer

CYBERnard et Idaho for moving Mamacette's balloon racer

Mark

Avroair

:grin::grin:

B)My Balloon coin is kept too long by a cacher. So the race for us has become a slow race and lost a lot of time and feats. I hope it will move soon again.

I also wonder about the BIG pointers. They got a lot of friends and special friends on vacation B)

But the race is still going on, however I think not everyone has used the Feats in the same way B)!

And not everyone is (active) participating in this game anymore or they fill the form at 31th of December B) .

Alright, unfortunately, my racer has been confirmed missing. In preparation of confirmation I re-read all the previous logs, including some of my own, clear back when the first post about a confirmed missing coin came up. I know I can, and will, replace my racer with the identical one I have here but how do I do that?

Feat 45 is 'Coin is verified missing' - obviously that can't be logged when dropped into a cache. Do I have the cacher who confirmed it post a log or can I log that feat when I drop the replacement into another cache?

I figure some moron :( 'helped' my coin earn one of the feats I never wanted to earn but it has, so how do I record it?

PaHawkeye

Alright, unfortunately, my racer has been confirmed missing. In preparation of confirmation I re-read all the previous logs, including some of my own, clear back when the first post about a confirmed missing coin came up. I know I can, and will, replace my racer with the identical one I have here but how do I do that?

Feat 45 is 'Coin is verified missing' - obviously that can't be logged when dropped into a cache. Do I have the cacher who confirmed it post a log or can I log that feat when I drop the replacement into another cache?

I figure some moron :( 'helped' my coin earn one of the feats I never wanted to earn but it has, so how do I record it?

PaHawkeye

When you place the replacement into a cache of your choice you log the feat then. One cache, one feat. Sorry for your lost racer.

PaHawkeye

When you place the replacement into a cache of your choice you log the feat then. One cache, one feat. Sorry for your lost racer.

Thanks......

:):)<_< Unfortunally no answer or action at all. So now a desperate cry for help!!!

Who will liberate my Balloon coin in the Texas Territorium and give it some great feats before Newyear?

Who can/will help me to move my Ballooncoin further and get some feats after 2,5 months :anibad:. This is no fun anymore. I did sent two emails to the last cacher seen the Balloon alive. But no reasonable answer came! So who knows this cacher and/or help my Balloon? Third email just sent 3 minutes ago!!!

Thanks from the Netherlands.

Indeed with but hours til game's end, I just officially tossed in Xanadu's geotowel

Rather ironic that - after starting out with such a magnificent bang - little Xanadu would end up M.I.A. in a cache dubbed "...Stone Cold Dead!" Still, barring any last-minute sprinters, he'll end up in 4th place (of near 90 racer coins) with 287 pts. earned in 41 feats - with a consistent average of 7+ pts. per feat, the highest of ANY coin in the game!

BIG THANKS to All the kindly cachers (as far away as the Netherlands) who so swiftly and diligently toted little Xanadu from cache to cache to earn most all of the most challenging (highest pts.) feats. And special thanks to avroair for devising such a fun game.

Hmmm... who knows, maybe Xanadu's twin will turn up in Bali...