Dorkfish 2007 Geocoin

dorkfish

I just received these pictures a couple of days ago. This is a picture of the sample coin that the mint made. I think they turned out really cute. I can't wait to see them in person. :rolleyes:

07d0a51c-8a95-4f75-bf63-4ba1955b8ca7.jpg

47bc11ce-7ab2-4547-bb93-7c9ca6065b17.jpg

The picture looks great <_< Love the clown fish in the tank can't wait for them to arrive ! ! GREAT JOB !!

Any updates? I'm anxious to see this one. :)

I received the sample coins in the mail yesterday and they look incredible! Landsharkz.ca did an amazing job on this coin. :D At first they were worried that they wouldn't be able to make it as detailed as Jamie's design, but the coin looks totally identical. There is so much going on with the coin that a person can literally get lost in it. I keep picking it up & staring at it for long periods of time. It is so cool! I hope that everyone loves this coin as much as I do. How could they not? Ok, maybe I'm a bit biased.

The coin is not in 2D or 3D, it is flat & painted in great detail. However, the way Jamie designed the coin makes it appear to have a 3D effect. I can not wait for these coins to get here so I can start mailing them out. I am really looking forward to reading people's reactions to the coin. Can you tell I'm really excited? :) lol

I think I still have about 80 coins available for sale. I'll continue taking reservations up until the coins arrive. Thanks everyone who's reserved coins so far & for all the nice comments about the coin! :)

The seahorse is a coin that I made for placing in caches as Swag & such. I'm not going to be offering it for sale. I'm trying to limit the trading on the coins also. I've arranged a few trades but they've been for coins on my seeking list.

It's a really cute coin though :laughing:

It really is a cute coin! Are you sure you don't want to come to the gold country foothills (close to Lake Tahoe!) to place a couple in caches?

Love your designs... all of them. Very clever and cute!

No word on a shipping date. Maybe a few more weeks? I know, I'm getting really anxious too. Once I find out that they are in route, I'll start sending out invoices so I can package them up the day they arrive.

It's not too late to reserve coins. (check the first post of thread for ordering info). I think I still have about 50-60 coins left that haven't been reserved. When I send out invoices I'll give everyone the option of adding or subtracting coins. With orders still trickling in every day, it looks like these will probably be sold out before they arrive. Which is pretty cool :unsure:

I'm excited that these are still available. Thanks for making enough for everybody. I've never ordered coins through the forum before, but I have been watching e-bay and the various geocoin sites for about a month now and this coin is definetly one of the coolest that I have seen. Landsharkz does a good job.

E-mail sent for 5.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Good news! I just got word that the coins will be shipping this week. I'm going to start sending out all of the invoices over the next few days so that I can get the envelopes ready. My goal is to ship all of the coins on the same day. I will post another message here when I have shipped them.

There are still a little less than 40 coins available. I will still take reservations until the coins arrive. For anyone who is interested in changing their order, that information will be included in the invoice.

How exciting :D

Good news! I just got word that the coins will be shipping this week. I'm going to start sending out all of the invoices over the next few days so that I can get the envelopes ready. My goal is to ship all of the coins on the same day. I will post another message here when I have shipped them.

There are still a little less than 40 coins available. I will still take reservations until the coins arrive. For anyone who is interested in changing their order, that information will be included in the invoice.

How exciting :D

Great can't wait to see this one :D

Wow, I had no idea how heavy these coins are. I went to the post office to buy stamps so I could start putting envelopes together. I took my two sample coins in & these weigh quite a bit more than I thought. Most coins cost .63 cents to mail one, but these cost .87 cents. Two coins cost a whopping $1.35. Much more than I anticipated. I'll eat the shipping costs though since I already quoted prices. No biggie, it's my fault.

Don't worry if you haven't received an invoice yet. I've received numerous emails about increasing orders. I need to figure out how many extras I have left before sending out the rest of the invoices. Everyone should have an invoice by midnight tonite, mtn time. As soon as I have an updated amount I'll post how many coins I have left on here.

Oops, forgot to mention that the coins shipped today. Yippee!!!

Edited to say there are 22 coins available.

Edited by dorkfish

Wow, I had no idea how heavy these coins are. I went to the post office to buy stamps so I could start putting envelopes together. I took my two sample coins in & these weigh quite a bit more than I thought. Most coins cost .63 cents to mail one, but these cost .87 cents. Two coins cost a whopping $1.35. Much more than I anticipated. I'll eat the shipping costs though since I already quoted prices. No biggie, it's my fault.

Don't worry if you haven't received an invoice yet. I've received numerous emails about increasing orders. I need to figure out how many extras I have left before sending out the rest of the invoices. Everyone should have an invoice by midnight tonite, mtn time. As soon as I have an updated amount I'll post how many coins I have left on here.

Oops, forgot to mention that the coins shipped today. Yippee!!!

Edited to say there are 22 coins available.

Payment sent for my reserved order. I would like to add one or two to the order if you still have any more available.