Who has the most finds?

scr0k

I'm fairly new to geocaching (only 62 finds) and i have wondered this question since my first cache. Who has the most finds? I've seen a person with over 4,000, but i want to know who has the most. Please post the person that you know that has the most finds. Wouldn't it be neat if the geocaching.com homepage had a little Top 100 list of who has found the most caches? Please respond and happy caching! :P

I'm fairly new to geocaching (only 62 finds) and i have wondered this question since my first cache. Who has the most finds? I've seen a person with over 4,000, but i want to know who has the most. Please post the person that you know that has the most finds. Wouldn't it be neat if the geocaching.com homepage had a little Top 100 list of who has found the most caches? Please respond and happy caching! :P

It seems to go back and forth from CCCooperAgency and TeamAlamo, I beleive.

However, since you asked who has the most finds I would say it is TeamAlamo...

Shall we say CCC is questionable at best about her number of "finds."

BTW... :D

Can you support that assertion? I would be really interested in your proof. Otherwise you owe her an aplogy.

Ed

Hmmm...

CCC logs 15...yes, count 'em 15 "finds" on the same cache... :P

"Do Your Homework" - GCRDBH

Taken from this post in this thread...

What say you now, Alabama boy?

I rest my case.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Can you support that assertion? I would be really interested in your proof. Otherwise you owe her an aplogy.

Ed

Hmmm...

CCC logs 15...yes, count 'em 15 "finds" on the same cache... :P

"Do Your Homework" - GCRDBH

Taken from this post in this thread...

What say you now, Alabama boy?

I rest my case.

I have said the following before and will repeat it again in this case: Since the pursuit of geocaching has no official sanctioning body what does it matter anyway? We all play the game in the manner we enjoy personally. And as far as the "rules" set forth on this cache publishing service there is nothing about logging a find more than once, and the current system does certainly allow it.

Oh and A&T, I don't know if you meant calling the gentleman "boy" as a tongue-in-cheek remark, but next time it wouldn't hurt showing a little more respect for your elders.

BTW... :P

Ed

I don't. She features prominently in the Found It = Didn't Find It thread.

She logs Found It even if the cache is missing. That is a lie. You can’t find what is not there. It may sound cruel, but sadly, it’s true. I’m sure she’s a fantastic person and is obviously a very serious and skillful cacher, but it only takes one lie to taint your record, and she has several.

I'm fairly new to geocaching (only 62 finds) and i have wondered this question since my first cache. Who has the most finds? I've seen a person with over 4,000, but i want to know who has the most. Please post the person that you know that has the most finds. Wouldn't it be neat if the geocaching.com homepage had a little Top 100 list of who has found the most caches? Please respond and happy caching! :D

Don't take this personally, and I'm using a gentle tone of voice (or you can at least imagine so). :P

Why do you want to know?

I'm fairly new to geocaching (only 62 finds) and i have wondered this question since my first cache. Who has the most finds? I've seen a person with over 4,000, but i want to know who has the most. Please post the person that you know that has the most finds. Wouldn't it be neat if the geocaching.com homepage had a little Top 100 list of who has found the most caches? Please respond and happy caching! :D

Don't take this personally, and I'm using a gentle tone of voice (or you can at least imagine so). :P

Why do you want to know?

It's normal to be curious about these things. At least in the previous thread it was "Who has logged the most finds" not "who has the most finds". The first question is easier to answer. In either case, however, the number doesn't tell you who is the "best" cacher, and only provides a little guidance as to who is a more experienced cacher.

I have said the following before and will repeat it again in this case: Since the pursuit of geocaching has no official sanctioning body what does it matter anyway? We all play the game in the manner we enjoy personally. And as far as the "rules" set forth on this cache publishing service there is nothing about logging a find more than once, and the current system does certainly allow it.

Yes, I do realize that this game can be played in many different ways, but it is generally accepted that one cache gets one found it log unless you encounter those special bonus log situations that pop up from time to time. CCC logged 15 "finds" in what appears to be pure numbers padding. Makes you wonder how many other times she has done this.

Oh and A&T, I don't know if you meant calling the gentleman "boy" as a tongue-in-cheek remark, but next time it wouldn't hurt showing a little more respect for your elders.

I realize this is OT, but respect does not come with age. You can be unworthy of respect no matter how old you are.

I realize this is OT, but respect does not come with age. You can be unworthy of respect no matter how old you are.

Whether or not I agree with your position on the what defines a find, the way you have responded has caused me to decide that you are not worthy of my respect. It is with a heavy heart that I make this admission.

Edited by sbell111