60cs Memory available?

Grumpy_one

The only way I know how to do it is open the MapSource map set file you currently have loaded and look in the bottom left corner of the screen where the size of the map set is displayed. I don't know any way the GPSr can display this information. As for tracks, waypoints and routes, there is a set number the GPSr can hold. For instance the 60cs can hold 1000 waypoints. Look up the max numbers in the manual and subtract the number you have in the GPSr. Not exactly Google, I know.

If there is a way to do this from within the GPSr, I'd love to know what it is too.

I will add to this since this is the unit I have. As the previous poster said you have afixed number of Waypoints, routes and tracks.

As far a map memory, it has whatever you load on it. You can load up to 56 mb at a time, but each time you load it, it erases the previous upload. If you build a mapset in Mapsource, you can make it up to 56. It does not really matter what you previously uploaded.

A little trick I figured out if I wanted to change the mapset only slightly is this--download your mapset from the GPSr to the computer. You will see exactly which map segments are in the Unit. Deselect the ones you don't want, select the new ones you do want and upload it back to the GPS.

I will add to this since this is the unit I have. As the previous poster said you have afixed number of Waypoints, routes and tracks.

As far a map memory, it has whatever you load on it. You can load up to 56 mb at a time, but each time you load it, it erases the previous upload. If you build a mapset in Mapsource, you can make it up to 56. It does not really matter what you previously uploaded.

A little trick I figured out if I wanted to change the mapset only slightly is this--download your mapset from the GPSr to the computer. You will see exactly which map segments are in the Unit. Deselect the ones you don't want, select the new ones you do want and upload it back to the GPS.

That's pretty much all I was able to figure out on my own. I only asked because the person who sold it to me said there was a place to see how much memory was left. He also owns a Magellan and I'm sure he was getting the two confused. Thanks for the response.

Edited by Grumpy_one