[SALE] 2007 Hong Kong Geocoins!

ozymandiasism

Hi there,

Hope you’re doing well! Finally, after a couple of months of battling with the coin mint, and going through a couple of mold changes... Good news! These coins are going into mass productions!

To get your 2007 Hong Kong Geocoin, click HERE.

2007 Hong Kong Geocoin

Diameter: 2"

Thickness: 4mm

Metal:

Two-tones (FRONT: Nickel Junkboat, Gold background; BACK: Nickel mountains/land/text, Gold water)

Antique Copper

Black Nickel

Chromium

Matte Silver (This coin will only be sold in a set)

Other features:

Trackable on geocaching.com

Custom prefix tracking code (DWXXXX)

Custom icon

Beautiful topo map of Hong Kong landscape at the back of the coin

Icon: 253634175_265bfb545e_o.gif

301712719_7f6a7d7982_o.jpg

301712762_a5b9563bb8_o.jpg

301712822_589006485c_o.jpg

301712802_5b5fed98d6_o.jpg

301712855_15f7ca3ca7_o.jpg

These images above do not represent the final version of the back of the coins (I have not received the final samples from the coin mint, but have approved by pictures).

The picture below is what you will get. You can see the topolines are now gone and replaced by the landscape of Hong Kong (mountain vs. urban area)

301713339_eaaec46985_b.jpg

Estimate shipping date is Early-Mid December.

Reserve your 2007 Hong Kong Geocoins today!!!

Thank you very much for your patient and support! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at derek@dwprods.com

Have a great day! And have a fun caching holiday!

d

Wow. You announced the coin on August 31st and took payment (I *think*) 2 months ago - what the heck took so long?

What was it that had to be worked out? I ask out of curiosity as I've never had that kind of trouble or issues getting coins done.

NOTE: This IS a serious question. I'm not trying to stir the pot for ya; just wondering what type of issues you had that took so long to work out.

Wow. You announced the coin on August 31st and took payment (I *think*) 2 months ago - what the heck took so long?

What was it that had to be worked out? I ask out of curiosity as I've never had that kind of trouble or issues getting coins done.

NOTE: This IS a serious question. I'm not trying to stir the pot for ya; just wondering what type of issues you had that took so long to work out.

hmmmm NO. I announced it 2 months ago and actually started pre-selling 2 days ago for those who had RESERVED the coins. Today is the 1st day I start selling to the general public.

As for the problems, I had to go through *4* mold changes. As you can see from the pictures above, there are topolines on the coins. I have given very clear direction to the coin mint that those topolines (it's very visible on the antique copper geocoin) are for guides only and should not be on the coin itself, instead it should display the landscape of Hong Kong (hence the last picture shows how the back of the coin will be -- FINAL VERSION). They kept coming back with samples with minimal revision and hoping to get away with it. Hence the long wait! *grunt*

I appreciate your concern. Trust me. I wanted to sell this coin last month and I couldn't because I wasn't sure when the coin mint would actually get it right. Besides, paypal won't let you presale that far ahead anyways. The title should have said "presale" instead of "sale" though...

and I'm going through the same thing with thr triple dragon geocoins too. That's why I'm only putting out reservations for that coin

Edited by ozymandiasism

4 molds - wow. Hope you didn't have to pay for them since they were wrong.

I wasn't concerned, just curious. My mistake on the dates, sorry.

no worries.

funny you mentioned that... I have yet to see the bill. I'm almost afraid to ask.

Each revision took 7 days, then there was a chinese holiday so then coint min was closed for a few days as well.

OK. These are the pictures of the final version of the Hong Kong geocoins.

What Has Changed?

• The back of the coin is finally done right! :mad: The topolines are gone and now you can clearly see the lanscape of Hong Kong!
  • I have also revised the two-tones version. The back now has silver (nickel) water, and gold landscape/text, instead of the other way around.

Two-tones and Chromium

309871420_4d0b34fc0a_o.jpg

Antique Copper and Black Nickel

309871422_256ecfeab2_o.jpg

Matte Silver

309871109_8bf96ef9a2_o.jpg

I am expecting the coins to be delivered to the US betwen Dec 8-13. I will do my best to send all purchased coins out within 48 hours.

Buy your Hong Kong Geocoins today!

Thanks again for everyone's patience!

d

All righty.... I have shipped out ALL orders from yesterday backwards (or onwards, however you see it). I stood in line at the post office waiting for 20min and another 25min to go through all the international packages. Oh let me tell ya... Me and this other guy practically owned the post office for 20min... people were MAD. Kinda funny actually....

A fellow cacher emailed me that he has already received my coins and those were sent out on Sat morning! That was fast!!!

Hey, glad you guys have recievd the coins. I am actually quite surprised at how fast they were delivered especially during the busiest time of the year. Kudos to USPS!!! Well, maybe it helps that I drop most of the packages off to the USPS distribution center (which conveniently located a little over a mile from my house) :)

Yeah, the coins are HEAVY! Imagine carrying all those packages to the post office. Its like a workout!

I want to add that these are among my favorite geocoins ever.

They are eyecatching and very well-made. After ordering two, I

went back for more. I especially like the black nickel and to a

lesser degree the two-tone. See my profile, I buy a lot.

Also -- he ships right away, they are in stock! No pre-order.

Unsolicited endorsement -- for the money, this is one

to add to the collection while they are still around. Classy,

large and very well made. I've seen enough "junk" to know.

An expert engraver touched this.

Thanks, Derek!

Tracy

I want to add that these are among my favorite geocoins ever.

They are eyecatching and very well-made. After ordering two, I

went back for more. I especially like the black nickel and to a

lesser degree the two-tone. See my profile, I buy a lot.

Also -- he ships right away, they are in stock! No pre-order.

Unsolicited endorsement -- for the money, this is one

to add to the collection while they are still around. Classy,

large and very well made. I've seen enough "junk" to know.

An expert engraver touched this.

Thanks, Derek!

Tracy

Hey Tracy,

Thank you very much for the kind words and glad you like the coins!!! I like the black nickel too (well, i'm partial to black coins so I'm a bit biased on that one...) But the matte silver is also very interesting!

Thanks again and have a great day!

d