Treo 90.... Plan A, Plan B, Plan F

wolfbait

As CoD pointed out, after spending the dollars, you can get a lot more GPS for less money.

I have a Treo 650 which I believe is easier to buy stuff for than yours. Even with that, it would still run me $250 to $300 and not give me near the features of a Garmin 60CS or even a 60CSx.

I use the Bluetooth feature of the phone and a Bluetooth charging cable (around $30 from siemens) I bought for my 60CS to communicate with CacheMate, however haven't dione it too much lately because I have a laptop with Bluetooth that is more or less dedicated to GC that is with me in the vehicle I take.

I still use the 650 with cachemate to look things up I need to in the field.

I, too, use a Treo 650 and I think it gives me WAY more capability than a Garmin. With a BT GPSr and GeoNiche, I manage an infinite number of waypoints. In addition, GeoNiche does all the GPS stuff. I use TomTom Navigator and get voice/street navigation to the cache. I use GPS Pilot's Tracker program with scanned maps. SD card managment is simple and easy with a card reader. I put in about 1500 cache locations into GeoNiche and TomTom this morning. I have Planetarium if I want to know about any celestial body. It goies on and on.

I, too, use a Treo 650 and I think it gives me WAY more capability than a Garmin. With a BT GPSr and GeoNiche, I manage an infinite number of waypoints. In addition, GeoNiche does all the GPS stuff. I use TomTom Navigator and get voice/street navigation to the cache. I use GPS Pilot's Tracker program with scanned maps. SD card managment is simple and easy with a card reader. I put in about 1500 cache locations into GeoNiche and TomTom this morning. I have Planetarium if I want to know about any celestial body. It goies on and on.

You missed what he was asking. You are doing pretty much what I am, using a seperate GPSr. Mine is just that way via an add on for Bluetooth.

What he was asking was about the add-on (card type) GPSr, which are more limited and expensive.