Body Found while out geocaching

Juicepig

Crikey JP....I still can't get over it!

After what you sent The Gang through yesterday....methinks thats a mighty fine body dump site too!

(Although I suspect the neighbors would object to the stench!)

You are never gonna live this one down you know. "The Boys" are keep on about it I'm sure!

Glad you are none the worse for wear, and hope for your sake you don't find any more, although given the amount of geocaches you go on - it was the Law of Averages buddy!

I know I looked very suspiciously at a manky rolled carpet way out in the bush geocaching yesterday and admit to bending over it and have a good sniff! heh heh. I should have known though....Misha never went up and sniffed or pee'd on it. :P

BFN

Jan - from THE GANG

Edited by Buttdraggin'Trails

Did anyone ever see that episode of Law and Order where the victim was lured out a wooded area on the outskirts of New York only to be murdered? .......

Just thought I would mention it...

Nahanni of the Cow Tippin'Idiots (whose active imagination has logged a DNF or two because she watches stuff like this)

Edited by CowTippinIdiots

Looking for a cache in Vermont 2 years ago, I started smelling decomposition as I approached GZ, and found a huge contractors' garbage bag (they're huge and very thick).

It was certainly big enough to hold a human body, but I didn't want to call the police without being sure, so I went closer to check it out...the bag was torn in one spot, and I could see dog fur.

I gave up on my cache hunt, and went out to meet the animal-control officer to lead him back in to the body-dump.

After explaining geocaching, he asked why I bothered to call it in...I have dogs, and assume that something bad happened to the dog, and hoped that they could catch the person.

Jamie - NFA

One of my irrational fears, because I often do deep-woods caching solo, is stumbling upon someone hiding a body. Thus guaranteeing myself as the next contestant on pushing up daisies! :(

Ditto here! Last summer, I did find the moose bones and hyde everybody was logging on one particular cache and it still scared the devil out of me. If not before warned, the next cacher would have found me too. I can't imagine finding a human body but as others say, odds on for us...

I found a body earlier this year not 10m away from a cache... a young man had decided to take his own life... I called the police and removed the cache once the police had released me from the scene... the cache has since been archived.

I don't wish this situation on anybody!!! I'm still having nightmares to this day about it

I don't know if Juicepig is kidding or not, because his link in the first post (To the COG fourms) is dead. Pun intended, I guess.

According to another forum, a cacher recently found a body while looking for a cache in Texas. Link

Also just noticed Juicepig's OP is from 2006. Duh.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I found one this year. A guy hung himself and I was the person that found him as he hung himself almost directly above the cache or where I figure it is. I still haven't been back to it yet so it is still a DNF for me. GCG9M9. I will go back some day but I haven't worked up the guts yet. You can read my April 23 log for some of the details.

I found one this year. A guy hung himself and I was the person that found him as he hung himself almost directly above the cache or where I figure it is. I still haven't been back to it yet so it is still a DNF for me. GCG9M9. I will go back some day but I haven't worked up the guts yet. You can read my April 23 log for some of the details.

Wow, I dont know what I would do in a situation like that.

Did you find out anything about this person? Was he dead for awhile?

It's interesting to read the logs after yours, like nothing happened... life does move on. :)

In other tragic news I see that they've found the body of Brandon Crisp on the 5th line north of Barrie.

I heard that on the news on the way home from work today... although they say that it is suspected that it is Brandon but that they have not confirmed the ident of the unfortunate person yet.

No matter who it is, it is very sad. As a parent of 15- and 17 year old girls I could not even begin to imagine what it would feel like to be Brandon's parents right now.... :anibad:

In other tragic news I see that they've found the body of Brandon Crisp on the 5th line north of Barrie.

I heard that on the news on the way home from work today... although they say that it is suspected that it is Brandon but that they have not confirmed the ident of the unfortunate person yet.

No matter who it is, it is very sad. As a parent of 15- and 17 year old girls I could not even begin to imagine what it would feel like to be Brandon's parents right now.... :anibad:

It is Brandon. They are just waiting for a pathologist to confirm but the Barrie Police spokesperson has confirmed it.

The body was found at the far end of a field. quite a distance off the rail trail. Most of the searching in that area had been restricted to 100 meters in on both sides of the trail.

No details yet but I expect that the body was on the ground.

It is now an OPP investigation as the body was found within their jurisdiction.

I feel sorry for Dave Goodbrand. He has been under the gun for quite awhile and it was a disappointing end to an exhaustive case.

It's interesting to read the logs after yours, like nothing happened... life does move on. :D

He had been depressed for a while and I guess thought that this was his only way out. He had been missing only a few days but was hanging I would say less than 48 hours. There was no smell and no animal damage that was visible. It was pretty intense.

Edited by kayn_os

It's interesting to read the logs after yours, like nothing happened... life does move on. :D

He had been depressed for a while and I guess thought that this was his only way out. He had been missing only a few days but was hanging I would say less than 48 hours. There was no smell and no animal damage that was visible. It was pretty intense.

Edited to remove content: Wrong body which in itself is very sad.

Edited by Tequila