Map Send DirectRoute problems

munro290

You're not offering a whole lot of information, like the model GPS you have. That stuff is important.

Also, where are you having trouble? With Conversion Manager? Is that what doesn't work? Or the map doesn't work after loading it onto the GPS? More detail is better when trying to obtain help.

Just tossing a dart into the empty void, I'd guess you're not entering the serial number correctly. Don't use the serial number on the back of the GPS. Use the one that shows up when you look at the software information for your GPS.

Jamie

You're not offering a whole lot of information, like the model GPS you have. That stuff is important.

Also, where are you having trouble? With Conversion Manager? Is that what doesn't work? Or the map doesn't work after loading it onto the GPS? More detail is better when trying to obtain help.

Just tossing a dart into the empty void, I'd guess you're not entering the serial number correctly. Don't use the serial number on the back of the GPS. Use the one that shows up when you look at the software information for your GPS.

Jamie

Its a eXplorist500 and Im sure the serial # is entered corectly but its like when I save it to the computer and go to run it through the conversion manager the saved file is there with nothing in it.

Does the map file appear to take some time to compile (are you seeing progress bars and that stuff)?

Are you looking in the right place? If you are saving to the hard drive, the file should be in the \Export\Images folder. The files should end in .imi

You may have seen it, but rws offered a link to a nice wmv video walking one through the process. You probably are remembering the basic process ok, but it might jog your memory for something critical.

Edited by embra

Does the map file appear to take some time to compile (are you seeing progress bars and that stuff)?

Are you looking in the right place? If you are saving to the hard drive, the file should be in the \Export\Images folder. The files should end in .imi

You may have seen it, but rws offered a link to a nice wmv video walking one through the process. You probably are remembering the basic process ok, but it might jog your memory for something critical.

I am seeing the progress bars but they zip by real quick, and its saving them in DOCS on the computer.

I am seeing the progress bars but they zip by real quick, and its saving them in DOCS on the computer.

That's helpful information: I think you are looking at the .rgn files (that define the region you specified...they should be about 3KB in size) in the Docs folder. The .imi files should be in the export folder, and should be much larger.

You may need to go to Tools/Folder Options/View tab in Windows Explorer to uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" in order to see the file extension.

Edited by embra

That's helpful information: I think you are looking at the .rgn files (that define the region you specified...they should be about 3KB in size) in the Docs folder. The .imi files should be in the export folder, and should be much larger.

You may need to go to Tools/Folder Options/View tab in Windows Explorer to uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" in order to see the file extension.

Thanks alot you really helped, these forums are the best.