New San Diego cacher needs some help

Acill

I just started looking for caches here in my area the other day and still havent found any. I'd like to meet up with some locals so I can go out and see how its done and learn a bit. Is anyone interested? I am in Chula Vista. Zip is 91913.

I also have a few questions:

1. When you send the caches to your GPS what name to you give them? The actual or the one the site gives it? The GCXXX name ect. I have an app for my mac called geocaching menu that will take them right off the site and send them to the unit. It will let me select any of the names.

2. Does anyone recomend a good app for the Mac? I have a Garmin Legend CX and use it with GuestPC and some PC apps now as well as with the above mentioned Mac app.

3. Any other advice welcome

I just started looking for caches here in my area the other day and still havent found any. I'd like to meet up with some locals so I can go out and see how its done and learn a bit. Is anyone interested? I am in Chula Vista. Zip is 91913.

I also have a few questions:

1. When you send the caches to your GPS what name to you give them? The actual or the one the site gives it? The GCXXX name ect. I have an app for my mac called geocaching menu that will take them right off the site and send them to the unit. It will let me select any of the names.

2. Does anyone recommend a good app for the Mac? I have a Garmin Legend CX and use it with GuestPC and some PC apps now as well as with the above mentioned Mac app.

3. Any other advice welcome

1) Welcome to the sport

2) I work nights and generally cache in the morning - If this is OK with you, we can go sometime this week.

3) Email me privately for phone numbers etc.