Signature Items

darylt

Ooh heck this could open up a whole load of ideas:-

Can O' Worms

Gecko's - they get out of bed early in South Wales to find these - has been known to cause conflict in families!

Pair of Gloves - found several pairs of these along the Kennet and Avon series of caches

There must be many other items, others will hopefully add to this list.

We pondered over this for a while and have just invested in some Pathtags ( www.pathtags.com ). We're the only ones in the UK who have these so it would be good to have some more locals. At the moment we are trading ours back over to the US each time. We also leave one in each cache we find.

Sue

I Like this idea, but it looks quite expensive :)

I like the idea of homemade signature items. Being someone who makes chainmail things in his spare time, I leave a chainmail "ball", or Tetra Orb (also a Mobius-ball for micro-caches):

df00a598-f2bb-40bc-b153-ef3338f56511.jpg

Or if geocaching.com doesn't let me hotlink the image from there to here, then just go to my profile page, it's the picture in there :huh:

What do people leave as their signature item? :ph34r:

I am looking for ideas for one for me! :laughing:

Your avatar is crying out to be made into a Geocoin. Maybe you could get ones made out of wood which might be less expensive?

Nigel.

Do you know of anyone that does this other than geocoins.net ?

I have sent them an email

We had our nickles made by http://www.geonickels.com .

Mark does a great job and his turn around time is second to none. From first contact to the nickles arriving was around 2 weeks. That included several changes along the way plus great contact and updating from him through out. Also his prices are very reasonable and reordering has never been a problem.

Our avatar is on one side and the Jersey Flag on the other both in full colour. :laughing:

Edited by Jersey Royals

i went through a faze of leaving fuzzy bugs - you know those little furry things with the ribbon at the bottom with usually a charity name or promotional name at the bottom. i had a whole bag of em from UKtransplant.org but when they ran out i looked into it and they were too expensive to get more, shame really i loved leaving them in caches

I leave a carabinier with a small compass and torch built in which is £1 from the £1 shop!

I leave them at chaches I really enjoyed, or occasionally use them as swaps.

We found one of those! My youngest son has attached it to his rucsac, so he can tell us which direction we're walking in - or alternatively, which direction he thinks we should be walking in! lol :laughing:

Oh, added note... as said before, I have different chainmail things for micros and regular caches... but I also have several (no picture as of yet) for the potential nano-cache I come across. It'd be the same type of mobius ball (like my board avatar to the left... without the face in the middle :laughing: ), but made out of 20 gauge, 3/16" rings. The mobius ball is like... 3mm across or so. Was almost debating whether or not to get a little bit of 24 gauge, 1/32" rings, just in case I need one that's smaller, but that's a touch unlikely :)

You may find what you're looking for at a haberdashers or even a jewelry making web site. This link is one of many out there and will have you browsing for hours. Each theme will take you to see hundreds of different charms, so there is bound to be something for everyone. If you go into their animal section there are several different designs of dogs for instance - go to the Swarovski section and see their collection of shaped crystals. They even sell finding including stick pin backs so you can make your own special stickpin for cachers to put on their bags or hats.

For the UK there are a couple of large dealers who will sell you from one to 100. Its up to your imagination of you want to make things like mobile phone charms, or seemingly the new craze for UK cachers, GPS charms you can tie onto your device made with another cacher's sig item. Some bookmarks made by cachers are a nice find too. :laughing::rolleyes:

This had crossed my mind!

I was thinking somthing "snake " orientated, somthing that people will like but not be tacky. :o

:laughing::(:D

cobra_tri1.jpg

Now that I like!

I can have them made for you for a mere £2000.00 B)

Cash only in a sealed brown paper bag will do. :lol:

Please allow 28 days for delivery..(while I have a lovely holiday in the Caribbean) :rolleyes:

Edited by currykev

:) the golden rule is allways trade up :(

I had a log entry a few days ago, took key ring left Travel Bug, seems like a fare swop :( , except i dont think it was their TB :mad: .

I have the following note on all of my caches that have swaps in them -

Travel Bugs are the property of the person who has released them. Therefore I do not count them as a swap item.

Please DO NOT take an item in exchange for any Travel Bugs that you may wish to leave in this cache.

It still doesn't stop trading down, but it does appear to stop people taking something and leaving TB's in its place.

:laughing: the golden rule is allways trade up :laughing:

I had a log entry a few days ago, took key ring left Travel Bug, seems like a fare swop :laughing: , except i dont think it was their TB ;) .

I have the following note on all of my caches that have swaps in them -

Travel Bugs are the property of the person who has released them. Therefore I do not count them as a swap item.

Please DO NOT take an item in exchange for any Travel Bugs that you may wish to leave in this cache.

It still doesn't stop trading down, but it does appear to stop people taking something and leaving TB's in its place.

Good advice. a will start including something similar in my caches.