MacGPS Pro

planetrobert

This is the program to have on a mac.

No, it does not autoroute or any of that fancy directions stuff. What it does though is AMAZING.

I went out today caching and dropped the laptop in the passenger seat... wait, let me start at the beginning... earlier in the day.

So I started out my caching day as I used to do in the past, but with a new twist. I love planning out my route before I ever leave the house. So I opened the maps for the local area and my unfound gpx file. I then clicked from cache to cache planning my route. Enough with the preflight talk.

I went driving around town snagging caches this afternoon and the ability to have a live map was awesome. I plan to road trip this app over winter break but based on this short trip out it is great. All I need now is a mac gpx reader app for cache pages... :anibad: ...still got to have the palm for cache pages in the field.

For $50 this was the greatest mapping app I have found. You can load your own maps or buy maps or even load treasure maps. Very cool program. I of course use a second gps to plug into the computer as unpluging at every cache would suck.

Am i missing the boat? I just use Mac GPS Pro to transfer waypoints to my Garmin 60cs. Seems the program does a heckuva lot more. Any source for maps? I have the Garmin map but no Mac compatability as of yet. Hoping to learn a little something!

you can get maps here... http://libremap.org/data/ which are not imported to the right format yet, but are calibrated.

or you can buy maps for cheap from macgpspro.com which are already calibrated and imported.

Am i missing the boat? I just use Mac GPS Pro to transfer waypoints to my Garmin 60cs. Seems the program does a heckuva lot more. Any source for maps? I have the Garmin map but no Mac compatability as of yet. Hoping to learn a little something!

you can get maps here... http://libremap.org/data/ which are not imported to the right format yet, but are calibrated.

or you can buy maps for cheap from macgpspro.com which are already calibrated and imported.