Mac help

Team Geotor

I thought I would turn to the experts before I wasted more time...

We have a Legend CX and a Mac (10.4.7) using MacGPSbabel.

Trying to load 6 .LOC files into CX. After 45 minutes I aborted. I don't remember which I used. Can someone run down the settings, i.e. which button and which select on pull downs are working for you. Or is 45 minutes about right for 6 caches? How long should 6 take? How long would 200 take?

Will the USB cable work or should I get an adaptor and plug the mircoSD into my card reader?

Thanks

since no one has answer (and I can't help you with first hand info), you might try joining the macmaps group on yahoo. they are always talking about issues you are asking about

Thanks, I have now joined the group and am looking for the info... What do you use?

I've reposted the ? taking the Mac reference out, maybe that will get a response.

I've been on Macs since the Mac Plus in 1984 and I truly think that Illustrator or Photoshop is easier to learn than GPSBabel+... And as a Mac user I know nothing about command lines and that stuff...

And as a Mac user I know nothing about command lines and that stuff...

Good thing for you you don't have to. Look at the bottom picture at http://www.gpsbabel.org/screenshots.html - GPSBabel has had a Mac GUI for about three years now.

Six caches shouldn't take more than a second or so. Use the output options as shown on that very screen and the input options of "geo" and whatever file type and you're good to go.

...unless the Legend CX has the really squirreley Garmin USB defects that I thought were behind us long before the X models came out. Then it would indeed lock up in much as you describe. Please be sure that you're on the latest Garmin firmware as described in Note to Garmin USB users: in the Mac section of http://www.gpsbabel.org/osnotes.html

Edited by robertlipe