the death of caches?

Bad_CRC

but god forbid you speak out about such silliness because that would be blasphemy.

But forbid you speak out against such bad attitudes because that would be considered to be personal attacks.

Why is it a bad attitude for wanting to keep people away from guardrails, parking lots and dumpsters?

Where is the logic in implying that those are the only places micros are hidden? :anibad:

You're right! I forgot about these.

but god forbid you speak out about such silliness because that would be blasphemy.

But forbid you speak out against such bad attitudes because that would be considered to be personal attacks.

Why is it a bad attitude for wanting to keep people away from guardrails, parking lots and dumpsters?

Where is the logic in implying that those are the only places micros are hidden? B)

That was just the first table. There were THREE tables full. 12,500+ micros in 300+ regular to large caches. I'm evil I tells ya. Someone should put a stop to my evil plan to do it AGAIN and on an even LARGER scale. B):D:o

I've never been a scapegoat before, but I'm tryin'. :anibad:

Edited by Snoogans

I've been geocaching for just over a year now.

Found these forums at about the same time.

Same argument that was raging then is still in flames today.

Nothing new, nothing changed.

What else ya got?

Is there a yawn smilie someplace?

Sometimes it's a yawn for sure and sometimes there's an interesting twist.

I liken it to watching old clips of racing crashes on YouTube. I KNOW Gilles Villeneuve is going to be thrown from his car and killed and I KNOW Nicky Lauda is going to be horribly burned, but I click the link and watch anyway. Every now and then I find some footage that was taken at a different angle by a different camera. It doesn't change the outcome but it IS interesting. :anibad:

Where is the logic in implying that those are the only places micros are hidden? B)

That was just the first table. There were THREE tables full. 12,500+ micros in 300+ regular to large caches. I'm evil I tells ya. Someone should put a stop to my evil plan to do it AGAIN and on an even LARGER scale. :o:anibad::D

I've never been a scapegoat before, but I'm tryin'. B)

Maybe you should work on getting the original 12,000+ that remain placed first, before you think of world domination.

Edited by D@nim@l

Where is the logic in implying that those are the only places micros are hidden? :anibad:

That was just the first table. There were THREE tables full. 12,500+ micros in 300+ regular to large caches. I'm evil I tells ya. Someone should put a stop to my evil plan to do it AGAIN and on an even LARGER scale. :D:oB)

I've never been a scapegoat before, but I'm tryin'. :D

Maybe you should work on getting the original 12,000+ that remain placed first, before you think of world domination.

World domination is assured. I just want to speed up the process. B)B)B)

Rank by number of caches hidden:

1 Texas: 121

2 Oklahoma: 44

3 Alabama: 41

4 Wisconsin: 29

5 Washington: 28

6 Tennessee: 27

7 Florida: 25

8 Germany: 22

9 North Carolina: 19

10 Ohio: 18

11 Pennsylvania: 15

12 Arizona: 13

13 Missouri: 11

14 Idaho: 9

15 Colorado: 9

16 Virginia: 9

17 Oregon: 8

18 California: 7

19 Illinois: 7

20 Kansas: 6

21 Ontario: 5

22 United Kingdom: 5

23 Maryland: 4

24 New Mexico: 3

25 Utah: 3

26 Kentucky: 2

27 Wyoming: 2

28 South Carolina: 2

29 Georgia: 2

30 New York: 2

31 Michigan: 2

32 New Jersey: 2

33 Iowa: 2

34 Massachusetts: 2

35 Thailand: 2

36 Kyrgyzstan: 2

37 Mexico: 1

38 British Columbia: 1

39 Quebec: 1

40 Vermont: 1

41 Sweden: 1

42 New Hampshire: 1

43 Louisiana: 1

44 Nebraska: 1

45 South Dakota: 1

46 Minnesota: 1

47 Poland: 1

48 Maine: 1

49 Alaska: 1

50 Indiana: 1

51 West Virginia: 1

52 Singapore: 1

Total: 526

That was just the first table. There were THREE tables full. 12,500+ micros in 300+ regular to large caches. I'm evil I tells ya. Someone should put a stop to my evil plan to do it AGAIN and on an even LARGER scale. :D:oB)

I've never been a scapegoat before, but I'm tryin'. :D

World domination is assured. I just want to speed up the process. B)B)B)

Rank by number of caches hidden:

1 Texas: 121

2 Oklahoma: 44

3 Alabama: 41

4 Wisconsin: 29

5 Washington: 28

6 Tennessee: 27

7 Florida: 25

8 Germany: 22

9 North Carolina: 19

10 Ohio: 18

11 Pennsylvania: 15

12 Arizona: 13

13 Missouri: 11

14 Idaho: 9

15 Colorado: 9

16 Virginia: 9

17 Oregon: 8

18 California: 7

19 Illinois: 7

20 Kansas: 6

21 Ontario: 5

22 United Kingdom: 5

23 Maryland: 4

24 New Mexico: 3

25 Utah: 3

26 Kentucky: 2

27 Wyoming: 2

28 South Carolina: 2

29 Georgia: 2

30 New York: 2

31 Michigan: 2

32 New Jersey: 2

33 Iowa: 2

34 Massachusetts: 2

35 Thailand: 2

36 Kyrgyzstan: 2

37 Mexico: 1

38 British Columbia: 1

39 Quebec: 1

40 Vermont: 1

41 Sweden: 1

42 New Hampshire: 1

43 Louisiana: 1

44 Nebraska: 1

45 South Dakota: 1

46 Minnesota: 1

47 Poland: 1

48 Maine: 1

49 Alaska: 1

50 Indiana: 1

51 West Virginia: 1

52 Singapore: 1

Total: 526

A 4% placement rate? You're still missing half the counties in Texas, too.

I guess I don't give cachers enough credit.

A 4% placement rate? You're still missing half the counties in Texas, too.

I guess I don't give cachers enough credit.

My initial prediction was 1500 to 1800 in the first year. We are well on track to hit that mark given the time remaining..... And if it doesn't....Eh, it's still the most fun I've had on a geocaching project. Heck, the project has 2 caches in Kyrgyzstan.....Kyrgyzstan fer cryin' out loud. If they can make it there they can make it anywhere..... Even to the Wal-mart near you. :anibad:

I personally would loooooove to have an LPC find in Kyrgyzstan. :o

I think micros, "micro spew", easy micros in parking lots, etc, wouldn't bother so many people if we could just get rid of that dadgum rule that says you HAVE to find every cache that you can travel to.

That way people could just go after the types of caches they like, and stop complaining about types of caches that other people like.

Sound good?

I think micros, "micro spew", easy micros in parking lots, etc, wouldn't bother so many people if we could just get rid of that dadgum rule that says you HAVE to find every cache that you can travel to.

That way people could just go after the types of caches they like, and stop complaining about types of caches that other people like.

Sound good?

B):DB)

Shhhhh, you'll ruin the train wreck talkin' sense like that. What if someone took your words to heart and stopped bashing other people's efforts to participate? :o At the very least it would ruin future entertaining threads. :anibad:

When we were in St. Louis during September we found many micros hidden in the woods when a larger container would have worked just as well. A larger container can be just as hard to find in the woods as a micro if some time and thought are taken in the hiding and camoflage. Micros in downtown areas like StL are appropriate but micros in the woods is just plain lazy.