Garmin eTrex Vista CX is OK for newbie?

ViPeRaY

I am not nearly as smart as mst of the geocachers on this forum. When I bought my Vista Cx I went through a two or three week learning experience. The folks here answered my questions inteligently and with much patience.

I have found 50 caches and my wife has hidden one. We use the Vistta Cx for location gold claims as well as for geocaching. I really like the Vista Cx now and recently purchased the City Navagator 8 for it. All I can say is wow.

email me if you need anything answered. I am not an expert but I wil try to help.

timk54

I am not nearly as smart as mst of the geocachers on this forum. When I bought my Vista Cx I went through a two or three week learning experience...

timk54

If it only took you three weeks to learn you are *way* smarter than me. :anibad:

I have had my Garmin 60cs for 1 1/2 years and I still seem to learn something new every time I use it.

Hi. i heard about geaocaching and want to try it. So i search on inet and decided to buy Garmin eTrex VistaCX. As a beginner, how is this device for me? It havent reached to me yet. Is it easy to use and enough for beginner?

THX

If you already have a mini USB cable (used by many cameras, PDAs, and other small electronics) you may want to consider the Venture CX. It does not have a magnetic compass like the Vista but the cost difference is considerable. You can get one for about $160.00 after rebate. It also does not come with the microSD chip for loading maps, but most people upgrade that immediately anyway. You can buy a 1 gig microSD chip for about $35.00

Edited by media601