-=The new Cornish Geocoin=-

Birdman-of-liskatraz

I didn't order any of these but it's interesting to keep track of where they are. It looks like they're in Spain now:

Arrived Abroad, January 23, 2007, 4:25 am, SPAIN

Into Foreign Customs, January 23, 2007, 4:25 am, SPAIN

International Dispatch, January 18, 2007, 8:17 pm, N. J. BULK

Into Foreign Customs, January 18, 2007, 10:29 am, GREAT BRITAIN

Arrived Abroad, January 18, 2007, 9:39 am, GREAT BRITAIN

International Dispatch, January 14, 2007, 6:17 am, MIAMI AMC

Acceptance, January 12, 2007, 4:05 pm, WINTER PARK, FL 32792

There is some logic.. well quite a lot of logic.. in that as 270 of the 350 coins are needed in Europe, and I have free delivery to the UK.. to ship all of the coins here and then send 80 coins back over the Atlantic.

It's easy in hindsight to wish I'd used a maybe more supportive supplier, but I didn't so I have to do the best that I can - which is just what I'm doing.

My apologies for the delay which truely is beyond my control, I have no wish for the coins to be taking a world tour before delivery anymore than you do.

I'd prefer not to discuss this further in the forums, but please feel free to message me.

Steve

Ok.. after a long journey... of we estimate 32000 Kilometres.. the Cornish Coins finally made it to Cornwall today.

The North American ones are ready to ship tomorrow.

The coins for Europe and Australasia are packaged will be mailed out tomorrow.

The coins for Cornwall will be mailed out tomorrow.

and as many other British coins that I can get in envelopes will be mailed tomorrow as well. Otherwise on Saturday I hope.

I know I'm biased but I think it's turned out very nicely. I stuck a pair in my scanner.... which really hasn't done them any justice...

coins2.jpg

Once again many apologies for the delay...

All 260ish British, European and Australasian coins were mailed today and hopefully will be with you shortly.

74 coins destined for North America have been sent by Courier to Canada for onward distribution from there to people in Canada and the USA.

The envelopes contain details of how to activate the coins.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding, this is the first coin I've been involved with and it's been a bit of a learning experience.

Many thanks

Steve/Birdman of Liskatraz

on behalf of the Kernow Kachers

I'm expecting them to be delivered in Canada on Feb 8th and dispatched very quickly afterwards. I will of course as per my normal practise E-mail everyone to let them know how things are going.

The few words of Cornish are:

On the side with the Cross - The word KERNOW is the Cornish word for CORNWALL.

The side with the bird - Which is a Chough and on the Cornish Coat of arms and the text - ONEN HAG OLL is the Cornish motto - ONE AND ALL.

Cornish is closely related to other Celtic Languages such as Welsh and Breton and whilst it is not anyone's First language it is enjoying something of a revival at the moment.

There`s quite a lot of information available online - Wikipedia having an interesting article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_language

Once again apologies for the delay.

Received my coins in Australia thanks, great job, a very nice coin.

Oddly I know we had coins delivered in Tasmania 4 days after sending them... yet it too one delivery to Plymouth - 20 miles from me) over a week to be delivered!

Thanks for the comments I'm glad you liked them as indeed has almost everyone else. Its just a shame the tracking number isn't a little larger.

And I quite agree Pirates rule!!!!!!!! Arggghhhhh me hearties!!!!

US/Canada mail has been very slow recently for me. It will be 7-14 more days.

That seems an amazingly long time, when we had deliveries from the UK to Australia in 4 days...

It has something to do with customs and the particular province shipped from. It's been very strange. Ontario has been one of the faster ones for me as of last week, but it was still 7 days for airmail.

I'm seeing VERY slow delivery times out of the US since about second week of January. Usually it's only about 1 week delivery times. since second week of Jan it's more like 2 to 3 weeks... and for some orders... I'm still counting...

Now, back on topic - I wish I'd seen this threat a whole lot earlier and ordered this coin. It's great!!

Received my coin on Saturday 2/17

Are you still a Cubmaster? Have you heard of Gilwell Park?

I'm still involved with the Cub Scouts, but am now Asst. Scoutmaster as my boys are older. I have heard of Gilwell Park, it is a huge Scout activity center in London over 100 acres in size. I met a collegue who visited the facility and he loved it.

Received my coin on Saturday 2/17

Are you still a Cubmaster? Have you heard of Gilwell Park?

I'm still involved with the Cub Scouts, but am now Asst. Scoutmaster as my boys are older. I have heard of Gilwell Park, it is a huge Scout activity center in London over 100 acres in size. I met a collegue who visited the facility and he loved it.

Yeaaa! I used to run the Campground at Gilwell Park for several years, run events for 20,000 Cub Scouts a day and so on ... and yes it is a lovely place.. and of course loads of Overseas visitors, from 108 Countries in one 12 month period I recall.

After discussing the non-receipt of the 4 Cornish geocoins that I had bought and paid for, I was left with the answer that it was MY problem and I should try to track them down through the US Postal Service. The idea that they MAY have been mailed from Canada is just wonderful, but the fact that they were not received is not quite so wonderful. That's a considerable amount of money in anyone's currency. I guess when corners are cut to save shipping costs for the shipper this is what happens to the end buyer.