-=The new Cornish Geocoin=-

Birdman-of-liskatraz

The current exchange rate is about £1/$1.90 .. so yep $10 or $11 would be about right..

Postage and packaging - well I need to check the actual weight, but I will only charge the actual increase in postage over the UK postage rate. Certainly an extra £1 will cover it... and it will be considerably less on orders for more than one coin.

I will confirm the actual cost before I request payment.

Steve (on behalf of the Kernow Kachers)

and I may be very willing to supply one coin for free to anyone who can help me hide a cache in any area in the USA where miners from Cornwall emigrated. Michigan, Grass Valley in California and so on... Most hard rock mining areas may have seen Cornish Miners, so please feel free to ask.

It seems that one or two (At least) of the E-mailed invoices I sent out have ended up in junk Mail folders (Rightly some may say!)

If you've pre ordered a Cornish Geocoin and not received an invoice then please contact me at: kacher@kammneves.co.uk

and i'll arrange to send you another one

If you pre-ordered and no longer require a coin, then please let me know as my "Reserve" list is growing quite long!

Many thanks

and I may be very willing to supply one coin for free to anyone who can help me hide a cache in any area in the USA where miners from Cornwall emigrated. Michigan, Grass Valley in California and so on... Most hard rock mining areas may have seen Cornish Miners, so please feel free to ask.

Hi, two questions:

Did you find someone to place a cache in Grass Valley, CA? I live just outside Placerville, CA, in the gold country foothills. Lots of mining took place in this area, though I'm not sure specifically where the Cornish miners were. If you haven't found someone to place a cache, let me know.

2nd question... is it too late to get one of these beautiful coins? Somehow I missed this thread when it first came out!

Thanks

Firstly - I did email everyone who ordered a coin before Xmas with an update. In which I said I was expecting delivery 2nd/3rd week of January - The Xmas/New Year break, amongst other things, held things up slightly.

Secondly - Every coin I've ordered - all 350 have been sold - with the exception of 10 that are going in caches in places that Cornish Miners emigrated to. I'm afraid to say I got no response from Grass Valley or other sites in CA. But Some very helpful people in the UP of Michigan came to the rescue - so for now my American cache will be placed up there. Other caches are going to Mexico, South Africa, Canada and Australia.

I would like to sometime place a cache in Grass Valley so please get in touch - maybe next year.

As I said - I have no coins left - in fact all my spares that I had ordered have been sold, fortunantly I still have one left for me.

Once the coins are delivered here - I'll be sending a bulk parcel to a friend in Canada via UPS and the North American ones will be shipped from there. The speed of American Postal Services I have little knowledge of, but i promise I'm doing everything in my power to get coins to everyone just as quickly as is possible.

I'm seiing names I dont recognise, my fault for not asking for caching names on the Order Form. Could Skyhawk and Delta 123 email me and confirm names and address...?

Many thanks

Steve

Steve,

I received your email and paid via your Paypal invoice.

Jim D. Zip Code 76901. Does that refresh your memory? If not I can respond via your gmail account.

Thanks,

Jim D.

Firstly - I did email everyone who ordered a coin before Xmas with an update. In which I said I was expecting delivery 2nd/3rd week of January - The Xmas/New Year break, amongst other things, held things up slightly.

Secondly - Every coin I've ordered - all 350 have been sold - with the exception of 10 that are going in caches in places that Cornish Miners emigrated to. I'm afraid to say I got no response from Grass Valley or other sites in CA. But Some very helpful people in the UP of Michigan came to the rescue - so for now my American cache will be placed up there. Other caches are going to Mexico, South Africa, Canada and Australia.

I would like to sometime place a cache in Grass Valley so please get in touch - maybe next year.

As I said - I have no coins left - in fact all my spares that I had ordered have been sold, fortunantly I still have one left for me.

Once the coins are delivered here - I'll be sending a bulk parcel to a friend in Canada via UPS and the North American ones will be shipped from there. The speed of American Postal Services I have little knowledge of, but i promise I'm doing everything in my power to get coins to everyone just as quickly as is possible.

I'm seiing names I dont recognise, my fault for not asking for caching names on the Order Form. Could Skyhawk and Delta 123 email me and confirm names and address...?

Many thanks

Steve

Just keeping people up to speed as I'd expected delivery before now, any way 3 emails later I got a response and I've attached it below.

Hello Steve,

http://www.usps.com/, I am unsure of the tracking process. The insurance

number is VG059337668US.

Thank you,

Matt Duncan - Sales Assistant

AllAboutCoins

www.allaboutchallengecoins.com

1-800-667-5931

If anyone can actually work out where the coins are I'd love to know!!

Once thay arrive here I have everything ready and prepared for a swift mailing out. Once again my apologies for the delay, honestly, I want them to arrive as quickly as you do.

If anyone can actually work out where the coins are I'd love to know!!

From UPS site:

Your item left the United States from N. J. BULK at 8:17 PM on January 18, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

But.. it appears to have gone through Great Britain Customs before getting to NJ Bulk? So where is NJ Bulk? or am I being stupid?

Heres the explanation from Allaboutchallengecoins....

---------------------------

I contacted the USPS as this is what they told me - The package was entered

into customs and appears it was refused. When we receive the package it will

list the reason why it was refused. I will contact you as soon as we

acquire the package and we will reship it immediately. I apologize for the

inconvenience.

Thank you,

Heres the explanation from Allaboutchallengecoins....

---------------------------

I contacted the USPS as this is what they told me - The package was entered

into customs and appears it was refused. When we receive the package it will

list the reason why it was refused. I will contact you as soon as we

acquire the package and we will reship it immediately. I apologize for the

inconvenience.

Thank you,