Help with Magellan eXplorist 400

PipoPT

Hello.

I live in Portugal but I recently bought a Magellan eXplorist 400 GPS device from North America. I wanted to update the firmware and made all the steps in your website. After the process got done I was turning on my GPS and when choosing the Language, which I wanted Portuguese. I selected that language and the device blocked so I had to remove the batery to turn it on again. So I choosed English which was the only one working. After that I was told to insert time and date, and I also did that. And at last, when It should be in the gps screen, with the map and so, just after load, I got a Error Message "Invalid Basemap Default Map Loading..." And I got nothing else. What should I do? It was working fine before the firmware update but now I have no way to restore it. Tried to Re-install the firmware but is the same story again and again.

Thank You

Hello.

I live in Portugal but I recently bought a Magellan eXplorist 400 GPS device from North America. I wanted to update the firmware and made all the steps in your website. After the process got done I was turning on my GPS and when choosing the Language, which I wanted Portuguese. I selected that language and the device blocked so I had to remove the batery to turn it on again. So I choosed English which was the only one working. After that I was told to insert time and date, and I also did that. And at last, when It should be in the gps screen, with the map and so, just after load, I got a Error Message "Invalid Basemap Default Map Loading..." And I got nothing else. What should I do? It was working fine before the firmware update but now I have no way to restore it. Tried to Re-install the firmware but is the same story again and again.

Thank You

Send it back to magellan if a hard reset (when off press goto+out+pwr) and a basemap upload at http://www.rhamphorhinkx.ecohost.ru/maps/ doesn't fix it. Just double-click the .zip while your unit is connected.

Hello.

Thank You

Send it back to magellan if a hard reset (when off press goto+out+pwr) and a basemap upload at http://www.rhamphorhinkx.ecohost.ru/maps/ doesn't fix it. Just double-click the .zip while your unit is connected.

You might also try to send it back to company you bought it from. I had a similar problem happen when I tried to do a firmware update on an explorist 400 unit.