Bicycle TB

samirsky

I just created a new TB that is a full-sized mountain bike (with TB dogtag). It is locked near the cache, and the key (with dogtag) is in the nearby cache.

Knowing how hard it is to have an original idea, I was wondering if anyone has done this before. I searched gc.com for similar TB's, and didn't find any. Have you heard of such a thing before?

I realize that there are logistical issues involved in moving the TB. I thought it would be fun to try anyway.

So have you seen a full-sized bike as a TB? Or any other means of transport as a TB? A car would be the ultimate (if you could afford to send it out), but I think that might be too tempting for someone to keep :( .

Let me know what you have seen or heard.

Sam

Bicycle TB

Edited by samirsky

I just created a new TB that is a full-sized mountain bike (with TB dogtag). It is locked near the cache, and the key (with dogtag) is in the nearby cache.

Knowing how hard it is to have an original idea, I was wondering if anyone has done this before. I searched gc.com for similar TB's, and didn't find any. Have you heard of such a thing before?

I realize that there are logistical issues involved in moving the TB. I thought it would be fun to try anyway.

So have you seen a full-sized bike as a TB? Or any other means of transport as a TB? A car would be the ultimate (if you could afford to send it out), but I think that might be too tempting for someone to keep ;) .

Sam

Bicycle TB

Good Luck with it! B)

Seriously! :anicute:

Although, I can see this one getting muggled VERY quickly. :wub:

Sad to say, but in today's society, a unguarded bike out in the woods is just ripe pickings for getting stolen. Even though it may be chained up.

I hope I'm proven wrong and your TB sees a long successful traveling career! ;)

D-man ;)

Good Luck with it! ;)

Seriously! ;)

Although, I can see this one getting muggled VERY quickly. :anicute:

Sad to say, but in today's society, a unguarded bike out in the woods is just ripe pickings for getting stolen. Even though it may be chained up.

I hope I'm proven wrong and your TB sees a long successful traveling career! B)

D-man :wub:

Yes, I realize the idea is fraught with peril. You and I have had regular TB/geocoins that got muggled as well. So this has even more working against it.

I decided to try it anyway. The bike is one someone was throwing out. I only had to put a little work into it to make it operational. I don't think it makes an attractive theft target, but I know people will steal anything. It also could stay in urban areas. It can go 'in' almost any geocache since only the key/TB needs to fit.

Well, I also think the odds are against the idea working, but...Who knows? It is so crazy it might just work. Not much to lose: a TB tag, a free bike, a bike lock. I guess I have put about $20 into it total. That is probably the most I have ever spent on a TB, but it is only money. Right? Well, I decided I was willing to lose it, just to see if it MIGHT work for a little while.

I hope you don't think I was putting the idea down. :anibad:

I actually think it's pretty cool TB.

Definately outside the norm! :o

Which is right up my alley!

If I found it at a cache I'd definately move it.

I love to find odd TB's. So many McToys, Hotwheels, & Plastic Knick-Knacks floating around as people's travelbugs, that when you see something like this it's really a treat! B)

Again... Good Luck!! B) (I really mean it!)

D-man :D

So have you seen a full-sized bike as a TB? Or any other means of transport as a TB? A car would be the ultimate (if you could afford to send it out), but I think that might be too tempting for someone to keep :laughing: .

Sam

Bicycle TB

I think thats a great idea. I thought about doing something with an ice cream truck. I would love to find it...where are you located. I also want to do a cycle cache multi. As a triathlist, i would love to have to bike from site 2 site. Good Luck with that ! alessa

Hey! It's a GIRL's bike .... ewwwwww... :tired:

Yeah, it is a girl's bike. I wanted to make it least attractive to a thief/vandal as possible, so I was going for the ugly girl's bike, with a baby seat even (to get the sympathy vote). :ph34r:

Actually, it was the only FREE bike I had access to.

Someone grabbed it today! It's on the move again...