Custom Declaration advise!

ozymandiasism

I need some advice!

One of the dutch geocoin club have reserved about $200 of coins. I have shipped quite a few packages interationally but have not at that amount. In the past, I have always delcare a much lower value on the custom form so the receivers don't get hit with custom tax. But with $200 worth of coins, I will probably put down the real value. Anyone knows how much custom tax would be for 200 bucks of collectable token??? Or any suggestieions?

Thank you very much!!

d

Edited by ozymandiasism

I think you mean the Dutch coin club instead of the store :(

I have bought several coins for the coinclub. Some were orders of 50 coins. Everyone of them had a different value on it, some the real value and others $1 or $1.50. None of them have caused any trouble. I don't know if the sender had to pay extra but it sure didn't cost me any extra on this side.

I hope this is any help to you.

I think you mean the Dutch coin club instead of the store :(

I have bought several coins for the coinclub. Some were orders of 50 coins. Everyone of them had a different value on it, some the real value and others $1 or $1.50. None of them have caused any trouble. I don't know if the sender had to pay extra but it sure didn't cost me any extra on this side.

I hope this is any help to you.

oops. yes. club :sad: Thanks for pointing it out!

Label it as game tokens, declare the total and send an invoice inside the box.

The buyer should be responsible for the taxes. Here in Portugal, the Customs have a website with all the information.

Yeah I always label them as collectable token and have not had any problems yet. *knock on wood*. I just want to make sure both the buyer and myself understand there might be additional cost to the coins and S/H. No surprises.

Edited by ozymandiasism

Besides the custom form one major concern would be placing insurance on this shipment !! You will have to declare value and duties will be incured, But for some reason this package goes missing or damaged and coins are lost you will be out of pocket big time. I think that I would take much caution in every way on this QTY of coins . Glenn