replacing a muggled cache

One of my caches has recently been muggled and completely vanished. The co-ords of the box are found by solving a puzzle.

My question is: am I allowed to change the location of the box while leaving the puzzle at the same location and therefore not altering the listed co-ords. I am only thinking of a 100 yard change in location to prevent another muggle. Is this considered OK? or would I have to resubmit the cache listing?

One of my caches has recently been muggled and completely vanished. The co-ords of the box are found by solving a puzzle.

My question is: am I allowed to change the location of the box while leaving the puzzle at the same location and therefore not altering the listed co-ords.

Errrr.... if the puzzle still points to the old location, how will anyone find the cache?

My question is: am I allowed to change the location of the box while leaving the puzzle at the same location and therefore not altering the listed co-ords.

Errrr.... if the puzzle still points to the old location, how will anyone find the cache?

It's easy to change the puzzle to give new co-ords

If the new location is within 0.1 miles of the old location you can change the co-ord yourself. If it's greater than that, a polite e-mail to one (or all) of our 'Reviewers' giving the new co-ords and they will change it for you, providing it still meets the guidelines. They've done that on one or two of my caches in the past. There's usually no need to archive it and create a new cache unless you specifically want to.

I think the OP meant that the top coords will stay the same, and are not the actual cache coords (being a puzzle)... I assume these are a car park, railway station, or somewhere with a clue to the final location.

There is no control over the final location as such, so you can change the puzzle to give some new coords, exactly as you describe. The only thing to keep in mind is whether any other caches are nearby, and that you don;t get too close to them. Although the reviewers aren;t notified of any changes to the puzzle, they may discover it at some point and ask for it to be moved if it is too close to another cache.

So in short - what you propose is fine - we did exactly this on one of our own puzzles!

HTH

Dave