2007 WSGA Geocoins

Allanon

Two full sets plus one additional Puget Sound to start. If the price is right (whatever *right* may be) I'll order one more set. Thanks for the heads-up that they're in the works! ;)

Okie-dokie . . to clarify (since I obviously missed the fact that *sets* won't be available)! My initial order will be:

2 - 48 North Chapter

2 - Cache-Cadian Chapter

2 - Inland Empire Chapter

3 - Puget Sound Chapter

Online ordering via PayPal/credit card/et al would be great! Any chance of that happenng? :(

Lastly, when the time comes, if you need to pull together a "bagging 'n' slapping a label on" crew . . I'd be happy to help.

Don't know if I'm late to the bandwagon here but I would order 3 PS chapter and one each of the other three, depending on price.

Not too late at all.

A couple things happened to delay these...

1. I was sick for about a month and since I'm coordinating, nothing happened, and

2. that delay allowed a new chapter to form (or re-form as the case may be) in the WSGA, so...

We actually have 5 coins now, the previous 4 (Puget Sound, Cache-Cadian, 48 North and Inland Empire) and the new Central Washington.

Finalized artwork coming soon and official ordering soon after that.

Note, because of PayPal rules and possible delays in manufacture/shipping of the coins to us, we will not be taking official orders until we have the coins in hand.

I would like to take one of each chapter. What ever happened to the local chapter down here in the Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Pasco, Richland).

jehorlacher (Jeff)

From what I'm told, for awhile there were not enough members to keep the chapter alive (it takes a minimum of 10).

There is now the Central Washington chapter though which does cover that area now...official boarders to be decided later. :P

Two full sets plus one additional Puget Sound to start. If the price is right (whatever *right* may be) I'll order one more set. Thanks for the heads-up that they're in the works! :P

Okie-dokie . . to clarify (since I obviously missed the fact that *sets* won't be available)! My initial order will be:

2 - 48 North Chapter

2 - Cache-Cadian Chapter

2 - Inland Empire Chapter

3 - Puget Sound Chapter

Online ordering via PayPal/credit card/et al would be great! Any chance of that happenng? :P

Lastly, when the time comes, if you need to pull together a "bagging 'n' slapping a label on" crew . . I'd be happy to help.

I knew what you meant. When I said 'no sets', I said it because a lot of cheaper prices for sets or that they will be packaged in some way differently. Sorry for any confusion.

As for ordering, we will accept payment through PayPal. The actual ordering process hasn't been finalized yet.

And thanks for the offer of help. I'll let you know.

The WSGA (Washington State Geocaching Association) is almost ready to go to mint with our coins for the new year. Each 'chapter' of the WSGA will have their own coin design on the obverse, with a common reverse to tie them together.

Here are preliminary samples (some changes will be made, example - the 'quote' on the PS Chapter coin will not be included):

48 North Chapter

Cache-Cadian Chapter

Inland Empire Chapter

Puget Sound Chapter

Details:

Manufacturer: Coins & Pins

Size: 1.5"

Thickness: TBD.

Common Reverse: 2D with color.

Individual Obverse: 48 North and Puget Sound, 3D w/colored ring...Inland Empire and Cache-Cadian, 2D with color.

Metals: Each coin will be minted in a different metal, TBD.

Trackable: On Geocaching.com.

Icon: Yes, unique and TBD (probably Washington related).

Cost: TBD and based on the number of coins minted.

Sets: Not available at this time. You'll need to order one of each if you want a set.

Again, with this post I'm gathering interest and trying to trying to get a better idea on quantities. Decisions will be made very soon.

Thanks

Here is the preliminary art for the 5th coin mentioned above:

Central Washington Chapter

In addition, each of the other 4 have changed slightly (or in the case of the Inland Empire, dramatically and for the better). In fact we liked the new back that was designed at the same time so much that all of them will now have that back.

I'll post all 5 again when they are final (hopefully less than a week), and we'll hopefully have the icon at that time as well.

If everyone that said they wanted 'x of each' includes the new one, we are sitting right now at just under 750 coins total.

Thanks for looking and staying interested.

Pardon the dumb question but I am coming back from the dead. I have had little time to maintain my caching in the past 6 months so I'm out of the loop on everything. I understand orders have not officially been placed so I'm delighted to know I did not miss out on them but could someone please point me to where official orders will be taken when the time comes. Am I correct in this or do I need to put down coins and quantity now in order to get them. Thanks.

Pardon the dumb question but I am coming back from the dead. I have had little time to maintain my caching in the past 6 months so I'm out of the loop on everything. I understand orders have not officially been placed so I'm delighted to know I did not miss out on them but could someone please point me to where official orders will be taken when the time comes. Am I correct in this or do I need to put down coins and quantity now in order to get them. Thanks.

You are correct. No orders have yet been taken. I'll open a new thread here when we are ready for orders.

Welcome back L!

Back in November, these were "almost ready to go to the mint". :blink:

In March, they were "going to mint very soon". :D

They are beautiful coins, but after six months, I've lost interest. :(

Sorry, but sometimes "stuff" happens.

We just placed the order and the coins should be here in a few weeks.

In fact, FSM would you be so kind as to close this thread in preperation for the order thread to come soon...

The new 'rules' state that you have to keep everything in the same thread. The Mods help out by changing the title for you.

Looking forward to getting a PS one as we lived there for 3 years.

nielsenc

In fact, FSM would you be so kind as to close this thread in preperation for the order thread to come soon...

The new 'rules' state that you have to keep everything in the same thread. The Mods help out by changing the title for you.

Looking forward to getting a PS one as we lived there for 3 years.

nielsenc

Ahhh...that shows me for not hanging out here much anymore to save money... :blink:

Sorry for the delay, but...

2007 WSGA geocoins are now on sale.

There are two ways to get to the order form:

1. Go to the WSGA website, click on WA Geocoins, look at the top of the frame and click on 2007 Coin Order and you are there, or

2. if you want a direct link, click here

Pictures of the coins can be found in this post in the NW Forums.

Thank you for your patience during this process. It's taken a lot longer than I anticipated for multiple reasons, but I think the coins are worth it.

Sorry for the delay, but...

2007 WSGA geocoins are now on sale.

There are two ways to get to the order form:

1. Go to the WSGA website, click on WA Geocoins, look at the top of the frame and click on 2007 Coin Order and you are there, or

2. if you want a direct link, click here

Pictures of the coins can be found in this post in the NW Forums.

Thank you for your patience during this process. It's taken a lot longer than I anticipated for multiple reasons, but I think the coins are worth it.

I had to come back for more of my favorites :angry:

Anyone care to trade for the lavender colored one? :angry: and/or the one for the Puget Sound chapter? We were stationed at Ft. Lewis from 1973 to 1975..... LOVED it, would so like to go back for a visit (at least) :angry:

I can buy more...what do you have to trade?

Just a note to let anyone that's waited until the last minute know that the 2007 WSGA Geocoins are almost sold out.

Anyone wishing to get an order in might want to do it soon. Sales will be cut off as of Saturday morning (or before if we sell out) and remaining coins will only be sold at events or through special arrangments.