MapSetToolKit

cypherman

Hi guys. I'm pretty new to building my own map sets having only previously used purchased metro-guides on my GPS60c. I've tried to takes some of the Canadian IMG files and build a small test set up for Mapsource (upgraded to 6.15.6 just in case) but every time I try to open the test map set I crash Mapsource. Any clues as to what I might be doing wrong?

new version available for MapSetToolKit (version 1.65 BETA )

- NEW: gmapTool support

- FIX: MapSetToolKit startup crash.

- FIX: Edit mapset crash.

You can download the new version here: http://cypherman1.googlepages.com

Thank you. I hadn't been able to use your fine tool for quite some time due to the "startup crash" issue - that appears to be resolved in this release.

Thanks for your efforts.

Norton did not like the new version. It kept saying it was a security risk and kept deleting it. I finally figured out how to make Norton stop deleting it.

I really like the program.

What would be nice is the ability to save configurations. I use it for multiple mapsets. It would be nice to open a configuration for each mapset instead of having to change everything each time.

Really like the program.

Thanks

Norton did not like the new version. It kept saying it was a security risk and kept deleting it. I finally figured out how to make Norton stop deleting it.

I really like the program.

What would be nice is the ability to save configurations. I use it for multiple mapsets. It would be nice to open a configuration for each mapset instead of having to change everything each time.

Really like the program.

Thanks

myotis,

Care to share what you had to do to make Norton play nice with the latest version ?

Thanks.

I too, have had security issues with some versions; McAfee would tell me the file contained a Trojan, but didn't have that happen with this latest version.

IIRC, Cypherman posted a warning on his site that one of the older versions had been modified and did contain some sort of virus or trojan. He advised that it should only be downloaded from his site.