MapSetToolKit

cypherman

Hi!

new version available for MapSetToolKit (version 0.99 BETA )

New feature:

- Compile TYP file ( select txt file in TYP field )

- Show product CODE and product ID in mapset list

- Corrected bugs.

Application feature:

- Make a full Mapset for mapsource (TDB, Global img, reg, TYP)

- uninstall Mapset (Product and Families)

- Make a TDB file (Product and Families)

- Create a reg file for install your new Mapset in mapsource.

- Support custum Level and Zoom.

- Support TYP file

Download: http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box_v2_dow...e_id=f_26337294

Cypherman

Hi!

new version available for MapSetToolKit (version 0.99 BETA )

New feature:

- Compile TYP file ( select txt file in TYP field )

- Show product CODE and product ID in mapset list

- Corrected bugs.

Application feature:

- Make a full Mapset for mapsource (TDB, Global img, reg, TYP)

- uninstall Mapset (Product and Families)

- Make a TDB file (Product and Families)

- Create a reg file for install your new Mapset in mapsource.

- Support custum Level and Zoom.

- Support TYP file

Download: http://www.box.net/index.php?rm=box_v2_dow...e_id=f_26337294

Cypherman

Thanks Cypherman...I just tried your new version...works great!

Edited by rws

The new version (1.11 BETA) indicates it is version 1.10

thank you GeoidPS.

The good version is now available.

Hello Cypherman,

I have downloaded your latest version, but I can't get it to open my folder that stores the .img maps.

When I browse to the correct folder and click OK, nothing shows up in the Source IMG Files box. I can't add anything to the Selected IMG Files box.

I watched the tutorial and it seems straightforward but its not working. Any sugeestions?

Flap

thank you GeoidPS.

Hello Cypherman,

I have downloaded your latest version, but I can't get it to open my folder that stores the .img maps.

When I browse to the correct folder and click OK, nothing shows up in the Source IMG Files box. I can't add anything to the Selected IMG Files box.

I watched the tutorial and it seems straightforward but its not working. Any sugeestions?

Flap

Hi Flap!

yes, your filename is not 8 caracters numeric (filename 8.3 DOS format) . EX: 12345678.img

Mapsource support only numerical filename 8.3 GPSr are not restriction for a filename, if using sendmap20.

The filename qwertyui.img , 1234.img and a1b2c3d4.img is not accepted with Mapsource,

Regards

Cypherman

Edited by cypherman

thank you GeoidPS.

Hello Cypherman,

Flap

Hi Flap!

yes, your filename is not 8 caracters numeric (filename 8.3 DOS format) . EX: 12345678.img

Mapsource support only numerical filename 8.3 GPSr are not restriction for a filename, if using sendmap20.

The filename qwertyui.img , 1234.img and a1b2c3d4.img is not accepted with Mapsource,

Regards

Cypherman

Cypherman

Got it, unfortunatley, I have named my custom maps with the Watershed names. Could I simply rename the file or do I have to resave the .mp to img with the new name?

Thanks for the fast reply!!

Flap

thank you GeoidPS.

Hello Cypherman,

Flap

Hi Flap!

Regards

Cypherman

Hello, Cypherman,

I renamed the files with the 8 didgit number used for Mapedit. I then loaded a small map and it works fine in Mapsource and loads to the GPSr, but when I convert a larger map, it crashes Mapsouce. As soon as I select the map in Mapsource the program closes.

It maybe that I am unclear on your instructions about Levels/Zoom

I have set up the map with the following:

Level 0-24 Zoom 0

Level 1-22 Zoom 1

Level 2-20 Zoom 2

Level 3-19 Zoom 3

Level 4-18 Zoom 4

Level 5-17 Zoom 5

Running Mapset, would I put in the Level/Zoom entry the following?

17:18/6:7

This map is currently running on my Garmin Map60CXs and works fine by loading with IMG2GPS. I am not sure what is going on but I have to use your Uninstall Mapset function to make Mapsource work.

What do you think the problem could be?

Thanks for you time,

Sincerely

Flap

Edited by flapjackson

thank you GeoidPS.

Hello Cypherman,

Flap

Hi Flap!

Regards

Cypherman

Hello, Cypherman,

I renamed the files with the 8 didgit number used for Mapedit. I then loaded a small map and it works fine in Mapsource and loads to the GPSr, but when I convert a larger map, it crashes Mapsouce. As soon as I select the map in Mapsource the program closes.

Level 0-24 Zoom 0

Level 1-22 Zoom 1

Level 2-20 Zoom 2

Level 3-19 Zoom 3

Level 4-18 Zoom 4

Level 5-17 Zoom 5

This map is currently running on my Garmin Map60CXs and works fine by loading with IMG2GPS. I am not sure what is going on but I have to use your Uninstall Mapset function to make Mapsource work.

Thanks for you time,

Sincerely

Flap

Enter this level/zoom: 18:17/4:5. The first Level/zoom is the last define level/zoom in your img file. The last level/zoom is the next level/zoom that not use by your img file. This level/zoom is used for the overview map (global map).

Regards,

Cypherman

Edited by cypherman

thank you GeoidPS.

Hello Cypherman,

Flap

Hi Flap!

Regards

Cypherman

Hello, Cypherman,

Level 0-24 Zoom 0

Level 1-22 Zoom 1

Level 2-20 Zoom 2

Level 3-19 Zoom 3

Level 4-18 Zoom 4

Level 5-17 Zoom 5

Thanks for you time,

Sincerely

Flap

Enter this level/zoom: 18:17/4:5. The first Level/zoom is the last define level/zoom in your img file. The last level/zoom is the next level/zoom that not use by your img file. This level/zoom is used for the overview map (global map).

Regards,

Cypherman

Cypherman,

She's working great!! Nice job, I envy you tech guys that have the ability to create such useful products. Good Luck.

Sincerely

Flap

New version available for MapSetToolKit (version 1.13 BETA )

What new in this version

- Install a existing Mapset (Families and Product)

- Family ID is now decimal number (simplify to use TYP file with mapsource)

- Full supported TYP. (You can use mapsource for sending TYP file in your GPSr)

- DOC -> How to use MapSetToolKit

- Add new validation.

Download new version here: http://cypherman1.googlepages.com/home

Cypherman

New version available of MapSetToolKit (version 1.17 BETA )

What new in this version

- NEW: Add a new option: Blank overview maps.

- NEW: Adjust the FID and the PRODUCT CODE in the binary TYP file with information of the TDB file.

- NEW: Improve the option “Install a existing mapset” (convert a TDB file product to Family)

- NEW: DOC -> How to use MapSetToolKit [English] [Francais]

- FIXE: Bugs in Autodetect Level/Zoom in a img file with much levels

Download new version here: http://cypherman1.googlepages.com/home

Cypherman

cypherman,

Hoping you'd know the answer to this. I have a small group of topo map segments from around my home. They are all contained in the file gmapsupp.img. I'd like make a 24K topo within this region using the downloaded DEM dataset and the process you have developed.

My problem(s), I don't have the Topo USA source disk, I don't have the Mapsource CD, my Venture didn't come with one. I do have a copy of img2gps.exe.

Is there a way to "disassemble" my gmapsupp.img file into its component map segments, combine them with the custom 24K map I would build and reassemble into a new gmapsupp.img?

In case you're wondering, I haven't purchased Topo USA yet because I'm hoping for an NT version soon.

Thanks for your time.

Hermit

Hi MtnHermit

You can extract the maps to the file gmapsupp.img with GPSdaemon. Once the extracted maps, you can modify them with GpsMapEdit and then reconstitute the file gmapsupp.img with sendmap20/img2gps. A thing which is needed that you know, you will lose the data of routings of the maps that you modified. One in the ways of making would be can be not to modify your maps, but rather to add your new map 24K in the files gmapsupp.img.

Regards,

Cypherman

Cypherman

You can extract the maps to the file gmapsupp.img with GPSdaemon. Once the extracted maps, you can modify them with GpsMapEdit and then reconstitute the file gmapsupp.img with sendmap20/img2gps. A thing which is needed that you know, you will lose the data of routings of the maps that you modified. One in the ways of making would be can be not to modify your maps, but rather to add your new map 24K in the files gmapsupp.img.
Thanks for the reply, I think I understand the process, just need to try it to be sure. I Googled GPSdaemon, got about a dozen hits, didn't seem to get a link to an executable. Do you have a link?

Thanks

Hermit

Cypherman

Thanks for the reply, I think I understand the process, just need to try it to be sure. I Googled GPSdaemon, got about a dozen hits, didn't seem to get a link to an executable. Do you have a link?

Thanks

Hermit

Here: http://www.geocities.com/swan_gps/gpsdaemon.zip

Cypherman

Thanks again, Cypherman, for a great product .. :blink:

I use Toolkit to "pre-install" my maps and generate the TDB and REG files so I can make an auto-installer with INNO Setup. I run Win XP and can get the correct XP Registry entries from your REG file but I've heard the Vista uses a different Registry key.

If that is correct, is there a way to run Toolkit to make it produce a Vista-compatible REG file on an XP computer so I can see what entries INNO will need?

Thanks

Bob

Thanks again, Cypherman, for a great product .. :laughing:

I use Toolkit to "pre-install" my maps and generate the TDB and REG files so I can make an auto-installer with INNO Setup. I run Win XP and can get the correct XP Registry entries from your REG file but I've heard the Vista uses a different Registry key.

If that is correct, is there a way to run Toolkit to make it produce a Vista-compatible REG file on an XP computer so I can see what entries INNO will need?

Thanks

Bob

I don't know how but Vista will accept the xp reg keys and place the key in the correct place.

Thanks again, Cypherman, for a great product .. :laughing:

Thanks

Bob

I don't know how but Vista will accept the xp reg keys and place the key in the correct place.

Vista 32 bits and xp place the key at the same place. If you using 64 bits OS, the key is placed in WOW32 branch.

Cypherman - We are trying to trackdown an error when installing a mapset to Mapsource with MapsetToolkit.

We get a cGPSmapper error but the output from cGPSmapper scrolls past FAST and then the CMD window disappears. We don't get the "Convert termined" message.

It would be GREAT if you could make MapsetToolkit work like MapEdit when processing a cGPSmapper command. In MapEdit, the output stays open until you click "Close" so it's real easy to review where the error is.

Could you add this to Toolkit, please?

Thanks

Bob

Edited by Bob Morphew

Hi!

yes, i will add this feature, but I do not know when I'll do it. This feature is on my to do list.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Cypherman

Cypherman - We are trying to trackdown an error when installing a mapset to Mapsource with MapsetToolkit.

We get a cGPSmapper error but the output from cGPSmapper scrolls past FAST and then the CMD window disappears. We don't get the "Convert termined" message.

It would be GREAT if you could make MapsetToolkit work like MapEdit when processing a cGPSmapper command. In MapEdit, the output stays open until you click "Close" so it's real easy to review where the error is.

Thanks

Bob

I really have to eat more brain food !

I cannot see where to download the MapSetToolKit 1.61.

I see two links for 1.62, but it says it's a BETA version.

Will someone please point this confused soul to a link for v 1.61 ?

Thanks a ton....

As far as I can remember in the past 2 years all of them have been beta versions. I don't think there was a v1.61 published publicly. On Cypherman's site I don't believe their were any publicly available versions between v1.50b and v1.62b.