Its a matter of PRIDE

QFC

Watching the last few days of the 2006 Travel Bug Race painfully unfold I am faced with a horrid question. No, not who is going to win, 400 or so points dictates that already (or so we think). I am faced by the question of who is "better" the great community of Capetonians down in the Western Cape or the "family" of geocachers in Mpumalanga. :huh:

This is by no means a straight or a nice question, but “come on” people it is a matter of pride. I have relatively recently visited both provinces and the number of caches and the community atmosphere of both is far better or greater than here in GP. But my question comes from the following stats.

Scallywag, a bug by an evil name arrived in Mpumalanga on the 13th of October and with the help of a Capetonian has managed to visit 5 caches.

On the other hand…

Speed Wobble, a bug by a cute name arrived in Cape Town (WC) on the 12th of October and has managed to only visit 3 caches.

The answers is currently quite clear, Mpumalanga is Travel Bug country! Come on Cape Town show Speed Wobble some of your wonderful country.

*this message is brought to you by the non biased owners of Speed Wobble

Now now, QFC, cajoling and back handed digs disguised as a compliment is not nice!

Besides, my belief is that Scallywag is the cutest racing competitor, and thus gets my vote to win (although granted I have never met Speed Wobble before)

However, what I like about TB races is the randomness of it. Will some pick my Tb or won't they? thats what makes it interesting, not seeing how many people can be bribed to go and fetch a TB to move it along! Of course, there are certainly times when a bit of pleading can help, if a TB has been stuck for too long.

Any, I can't help, as i have just got a job as a trainee river guide, so will be whiling away the next week floating down the Orange River. Ah, lucky me :(

Oh, and if you want us to help, at least let us know which cache speed wobble is in. You cant be expecting us to click on the link and waste 5 seconds of our precious internet time and money :sad:

HEHEHEHE.....

Not the way that I wanted the topic to pan out. Speed Wobble has been treated well in the Western Cape and even came back for a second tour, thanks to a certain Brick. ;) He has visited both of the pitstops with ease and has seen a few of the Cape Town caches.

That being said, we have followed our (and all the other) bugs closely during the race and Part 2 has visited all of the pitstops except the final pitstop during the race. Maybe we are over-protective parents and should but-out of our TB's life and race, but we have found it fun to follow our TB closely and help as many of the other TBs as often as we can.

DB, all complements were true, I really enjoyed my visit in CT and hope to always have such hospitality offered. I was just trying to prevent a boring end to the race, by creating exposure for the closest competitor and get him "back into the game". We hope to get all of the remaining TB (may the others rest in peace) to the finishing line before the cut off date. Granted Scallywag (yes he is cute :anicute:) could get stuck in Mpumalanga, but it is only a stones throw away from JHB. With regard to Speed Wobble's current position, he is currently in GS&Dogs' hands and we are waiting to read up on the next cache that he is to visit. Geocaching unfortunately requires on to be online ;) and waste those precious few rands reading the forum :wub:

Vespa, as I said Speed Wobble has been treated well by CiT, GS&D and B&F we are just hoping that the other CT caches will help as much and hence the topic to try and give incentive.

Enough with the essay, on with the race. Let the randomness continue B)

Geocaching unfortunately requires on to be online B) and waste those precious few rands reading the forum ;)

With the amount of time that we all spend searching and downloading caches, I would think most would be on ADSL by now. Atleast, I would think it would save money being on ADSL. ;)

Vespa, as I said Speed Wobble has been treated well by CiT, GS&D and B&F we are just hoping that the other CT caches will help as much and hence the topic to try and give incentive.

no issues here. I picked up a race TB today as a matter of fact. :anicute:

Enough with the essay, on with the race. Let the randomness continue :wub:

EXACTAMUNDO!!! ;)

p.s. Is it strange that I am corresponding with you directly in public cyberspace?

Saw that the Mini was picked up today! Go you. I have no problem with direct contact in a public place.

So how about helping out Speed Wobble when he gets placed! :anicute:

btw, currently using MTN slow-G after my "decent" sentech go canned.

Edited by QFC

Speed Wobble now resides in "Kyle's Cache", overlooking a beautiful little vlei with the sound of bird song abound. Reason for cache choice: still relatively new with few visitors and its easily accessible even at night so TB should be picked up soon. Cape Town does not have that many new caches which will be visited soon. Therefore placement is critical.

Oh as an aside, we do not generally pick up TB's as we do not like being responsible for other people's "babies". But in order to tally up more miles for Speed Wobble we agreed to retrieve it from Look At the birdie from B&F. Had B&F left it up the east coast somewhere, chances that the TB would make it back to final destination would be much slimmer.

Batz, Speed Wobble passed though KZN so quickly I think on of his antlers flew off on the way. He definitely gave Rudolf a run for his money on that trip.

Thanks to GS&Dogs for this leg of Speed Wobble’s journey hope to see many more :laughing: before we get down on the 8th to take him home.