Student Travel Bugs I need help

Cacheseekers9

:huh: I teach a class of 5th and 6th graders at a US Military Base in Japan. My 5th graders are studying US History and Geography and my 6th graders are studying World History and Geography. I am looking for several people to drop off Travel Bugs at Travel Bug Hotels. I need to send 12 to the US and 12 to other Locations around the world. Many of my students are world travelers themselves and all are US Citizens. Some of them have NEVER lived in the US due to their Parents Military Service.

If you would be willing to sponsor a Travel Bug and get it started please contact me at tyg1970@yahoo.com or through here and let me know how to contact you..

The students are really excited to start their bugs moving ASAP. We will be incorporating letter writing into this activity as well.

Thanks,

Ty Gaume

Edited by StickyGaume

:huh: I teach a class of 5th and 6th graders at a US Military Base in Japan. My 5th graders are studying US History and Geography and my 6th graders are studying World History and Geography. I am looking for several people to drop off Travel Bugs at Travel Bug Hotels. I need to send 12 to the US and 12 to other Locations around the world. Many of my students are world travelers themselves and all are US Citizens. Some of them have NEVER lived in the US due to their Parents Military Service.

If you would be willing to sponsor a Travel Bug and get it started please contact me at tyg1970@yahoo.com or through here and let me know how to contact you..

The students are really excited to start their bugs moving ASAP. We will be incorporating letter writing into this activity as well.

Thanks,

Ty Gaume

Central Pennsylvania here ... I'd be glad to help. Email Sent

Edited by Lasagna

Email sent. I frequently visit 3 TB hotels.

Please prepare your students for the possibility of their bug moving very slowly or not at all.

Caches disappear with bugs in them never to be seen again. More often a bug is taken out by an enthusiastic noob who never goes geocaching again. Many other pitfalls abound where TBs are concerned.

My advice is to assign teams of students to teams of bugs in hopes for more activity than just one bug to a student. That way no one feels left out. :huh:

:) I teach a class of 5th and 6th graders at a US Military Base in Japan. My 5th graders are studying US History and Geography and my 6th graders are studying World History and Geography. I am looking for several people to drop off Travel Bugs at Travel Bug Hotels. I need to send 12 to the US and 12 to other Locations around the world. Many of my students are world travelers themselves and all are US Citizens. Some of them have NEVER lived in the US due to their Parents Military Service.

Thanks,

Ty Gaume

e-mail sent

So far this is the list I have compiled. Would love it if we could get some more from the rest of the world. Africa? South America?

Thanks so much. They are Truly excited about this I bought each student their own bug so we have 26 of them that we would like to release.

United States

Alaska

Pennsylvania

Washington State

Texas

Hollywood, California

North of San Francisco

Colorado

Panama City, Florida

Northern Utah

Las Vegas, Nevada

Southern Cali

Georgetown, Texas

Iowa

World

Portugal

Basingstoke, UK

Mainz, Germany

New Zealand

Edited by StickyGaume

Sorry it seems to be taking so long BUT with Holidays and school activities we are getting a slow start. Does anyone know a geocacher in France? Italy? Any one in Africa?

We are planning to get out letters and TB's sent out by The 8th of December.

No problem.... I'll be watching for it! Depending on the type of class I get in January, I may be sharing your information with my science class.. I start student teaching (middle school science) January 16.

Malia