Meaning of red check mark

fishguy2019

I'm new to geocaching but I've logged three visits to some caches in my area. I've noticed a large red check mark after I post the visit. The check mark appears in front of the cache type. What does that mean? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

fishguy2019

It means that it is a cache that you have found. If you have posted your home coordinates you have the option to "Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates (filter out finds)". If you click on the "filter out finds" it will only show you the caches you haven't found yet.

Hope it helps,

DSine

I'm new to geocaching but I've logged three visits to some caches in my area. I've noticed a large red check mark after I post the visit. The check mark appears in front of the cache type. What does that mean? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

fishguy2019

It simply means that you have logged a find on them :huh: Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

Weird, I always thought those check marks were green, but looking more closely, you're right, they are red (I'm somewhat R/G colorblind).

When you see those marks on a listing of caches, what it means is that it is a cache you've marked as found. Despite the color, it's a Good Thing. You're not doing anything wrong. :huh:

If your territorial radius cachin' obsession takes hold (as happens with many cachers) you will neeeeeed to make certain that all the little boxes are checked in your comfort zone. Any painfully hard puzzles in that radius will gnaw away at you and deprive you of sleep. Sure, you could check them off to ignore, but if you're the least bit anal you'll KNOW it's out there taunting you. :huh:

Welcome to the obsession! :huh:

If your territorial radius cachin' obsession takes hold (as happens with many cachers) you will neeeeeed to make certain that all the little boxes are checked in your comfort zone.

Snoogans is wise.

And here I always thought Snoogans was snoogish.

Both are compliments. The Snoogstress just calls me a dork for being so geocentric. :huh:

Go ahead and laugh. She thinks you're all dorks too. :huh::lol:

If your territorial radius cachin' obsession takes hold (as happens with many cachers) you will neeeeeed to make certain that all the little boxes are checked in your comfort zone.

Snoogans is wise.

Both are compliments. The Snoogstress just calls me a dork for being so geocentric. :huh:

To be thought a dork by the Snoogstress...well, I guess she should know!

Snoogans is wise.

Well, thats better than being a Gurk.