All waypoints within a state

kohldad

As a premium member, I know I can do pocket queries and also limit the results for my state. However, the PQ is limited to 500 waypoints and there are 1,474 waypoints in SC. Besides doing multiple PQ spread out across the state (figure 6 for SC), is there a way to get a single gpx file for an entire state?

As a premium member, I know I can do pocket queries and also limit the results for my state. However, the PQ is limited to 500 waypoints and there are 1,474 waypoints in SC. Besides doing multiple PQ spread out across the state (figure 6 for SC), is there a way to get a single gpx file for an entire state?

Nope, but if you have less than 1500 caches, you should be able to do this in 3 PQ's... Although I'd go ahead and setup 4 for the simple fact that your getting ready to exceed 1500..

Nope, but if you have less than 1500 caches, you should be able to do this in 3 PQ's... Although I'd go ahead and setup 4 for the simple fact that your getting ready to exceed 1500..

PQ by date placed to answer the next obvious question......

That is what I thought, but wanted to check.

Knowing the density layout fairly decent of the state, I picked out four spots for a first try. Due to gaps, overlaps, and max waypoints, I managed to gather 1395 out of the 1474, so not bad. Of course, think ths may be all of the true caches since I didn't pick events or virtual caches which may easily make up the 79 caches missing. Just need to tweak two spots and I think I'll have it covered.

I think I'm going to go back and instead of trying to set points, will try a set of PQs for the entire state with different type of caches. May make it easier and better guarantee I don't have holes in the coverage area.

As long as you are going to re-do the PQs, do them by date placed. Doing them by cache type will probably not get all the traditional caches and will still have more PQs to deal with. For the first one, set the date as January 1, 2000 and then pick an arbitrary date in 2003. Using the preview link, you can adjust that date to get your 500. Don't try to get to exactly 500, but go for 490 or so. That leaves room for any reactivated caches. The second PQ will start the day after the first one ends and just continue on until you have them all. Feel lucky, I have 17 going at this point to get all of Washington State. I will soon have to go to 18.