I'm supprised that No ones noticed

Deceangi

very nice indeed!

i'd like to be able to zoom the map a bit, maybe we'll see that tweak later... EDIT to say it does, my naff internet at work didn't bother loading it first time!

alternatively. any script writers able to customise it to an OS map or something? I'd imagine its a very easy job, as it looks like page address is static...

great new toy though - i currently use a PQ as my home page to acheive a similar result, but the map is better and only shows coins! well done Groundspeak!

Edited by purple_pineapple

very nice indeed!

i'd like to be able to zoom the map a bit, maybe we'll see that tweak later... EDIT to say it does, my naff internet at work didn't bother loading it first time!

alternatively. any script writers able to customise it to an OS map or something? I'd imagine its a very easy job, as it looks like page address is static...

great new toy though - i currently use a PQ as my home page to acheive a similar result, but the map is better and only shows coins! well done Groundspeak!

It's ok - I hope it just a test version and they're "working on it" rather than the final thing though. The boxes on the main tracking page seem to change size when you click on a link on the geocoin one (in Firefox). I'm also not that interested in what coins worldwide have been logged the most recently - is anyone? It would be more useful if just coin logs within a certain radius of your home coordinates were logged. Maybe eventually you'll be able to get coin notifications like there are new cache notifications!!

I'd also like the google map a lot bigger and to be able to move around and show coins in different areas.

Edited by chizu

Looks great but as stated by the Purple Pineapple, it would be nice to be able to zoom in on the map a little more as all the icons tend to fall on top of each other at this scale.

(We are never satisfied are we) :huh:

OOPPSS I take it all back..... I just found out you can..lol...Sorry

lol - been there, done that...

I am VERY hopeful :ph34r: that a scripty person can come up with some serious tweaking goodness on this page - bigger map, changed map, these are justa few of my favourite things!

It would be great if the coin detail on the right displayed the name of the current cache (not a scriptable thing, I know) but I guess that requires quite a bit more coding on the part of Groundspeak. :unsure:

Am I just thick? I don't get it. A page that gives me a list of recent bug logs and the opportunuty to enter the tracking number, or takes me to a page that lists recent bug logs and lets me enter a tracking number.

Oh, click on the graphic at the top of the Geocoins box takes me to a map of geocoins near my house. Would be quite neat if I lived in Florida.

Just tried it again, seems i've moved to Stockholm, now Michigan.

Then again, I don't get bookmarks either. Must be the beginning of Grumpy Old Man.... can't cope with innovations.

Oh, click on the graphic at the top of the Geocoins box takes me to a map of geocoins near my house. Would be quite neat if I lived in Florida.

Possibly a pointless feature, but are your home coordinates set? It uses this to work out where you are.

On the other hand, my home coords seem correct, but that map just gets centred at the meeting point of the equator and international date line. And, it doesn't update as you pan around :huh:

If it worked, you could pan, it would be good. Otherwise, just use the cache searches, there's a whole column for icons! :huh:

I think I'm missing something - the map generated when I click on the geocoins page seems to be completely randon - Dublin, Dallas to name a few. How do I get it to show my home area?

Got your home co ordinates entered in your profile.

NB

I do not enter my home co ordinates in this section i enter the co ords of my nearest cache as the site is unsecure.

I think I'm missing something - the map generated when I click on the geocoins page seems to be completely randon - Dublin, Dallas to name a few. How do I get it to show my home area?

NB

I do not enter my home co ordinates in this section i enter the co ords of my nearest cache as the site is unsecure.

I'm being really useless - I don't see anywhere on the profile page to enter home coordinates. I have my postcode entered - so I can find nearest caches. Surely this would do it?

NB

I'm being really useless - I don't see anywhere on the profile page to enter home coordinates. I have my postcode entered - so I can find nearest caches. Surely this would do it?

Try this link should work if you are logged in

http://www.geocaching.com/my/home.aspx

Some people have had to rekey these to get it to register

its linked from this page

http://www.geocaching.com/my/

as for useless GC dont do well on helping peeps set up there account pages etc to me they should offer a step by step set up process for account pages.

edit wrong link

Edited by markandlynn

NB

Try this link should work if you are logged in

Some people have had to rekey these to get it to register

its linked from this page

as for useless GC dont do well on helping peeps set up there account pages etc to me they should offer a step by step set up process for account pages.

I have NEVER seen that page and I've been using the site for nearly 4 years! I still can't work out how to get to it apart from your link. But the task is done now and the geocoin map is working. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Ok I ve now seen the link on the My Account page to the home coordinates. Just shows what you can miss!

Edited by Firth of Forth

I have NEVER seen that page and I've been using the sit for nearly 4 years! I still can't work out how to get to it apart from your link. But the task is done now and the geocoin map is working. Thanks a lot.

On the 'My Account page' - Right hand side just under Your Stats. Its in the Search Box - Update Home Coords

Possibly a pointless feature, but are your home coordinates set? It uses this to work out where you are.

On the other hand, my home coords seem correct, but that map just gets centred at the meeting point of the equator and international date line. And, it doesn't update as you pan around :sad:

If it worked, you could pan, it would be good. Otherwise, just use the cache searches, there's a whole column for icons! :(

Like a few others, I was fooled by the fact that it was using my post code to give me a list of caches centred on my house. Sorting out the setting of co-ordinates as pointed out in other posts here have cleared it up and I can now see a few nearby coins that might get snaffled (err... moved on)

Am I being a div.........there doesn't seem to be anywhere that lists the coins you've found with the icon showing.....

Trackables tab on your profile?

?? Still no list showing icons of ones you've found........

click on your profile. then click on the tab saying 'trackables' at the top of the page. I have seen your icons so they are there! :(

Thanks - found them. See - I did say I was being a div!