Signal the Frog Antenna Ball

wzilla

Hi. All

I started Geccaching last March

and some time in May I bought some thing for the Geo store

Such as a Signal the Frog Antenna Ball :blink: witch i put on my Green Honda Element

I wondered how long it would stay there

Will today for the first time

I was sitting at a stop light and the jeep in back of me honked its horn at me

so I looked bake at the guy and he held up a GPS and waved

so I pointed at a lot off the side of the road

and we pulled over and got out its was another Geocacher

So we talked

I thought it was neat to meet a Geocacher that way

Any one have this happen to them

Thanks

wzilla (Bill) :laughing:

Do the antenna balls still wobble?

Yes.

I got one at an event last month and popped it on the antenna of my Saturn Vue. At "around town" speeds (<45 mph.) it wobbles a little. At highway speed (>55 mph.) I thought my antenna was going to be torn off. Signal didn't so much as wobble but cause so much drag as to make the antenna whip around (no "flimsy antenna" jokes, please).

Signal now hangs from my rear-view mirror, just under the OnStar button.

Do the antenna balls still wobble?

Yes.

I got one at an event last month and popped it on the antenna of my Saturn Vue. At "around town" speeds (<45 mph.) it wobbles a little. At highway speed (>55 mph.) I thought my antenna was going to be torn off. Signal didn't so much as wobble but cause so much drag as to make the antenna whip around (no "flimsy antenna" jokes, please).

Signal now hangs from my rear-view mirror, just under the OnStar button.

Yep, worst antenna ball ever. It was fine on my jetta that had a very thick antenna. It almost ripped off the antenna on my Xterra.

I've had the antenna ball for a long time now. It's not that it wobbles, it's that Signal's antenna is skinnier than my car's antenna, so I can't push the car antenna all the way in to keep it on straight. So Signal is always on his side.

But I still like it (though nobody ever stopped me to say hi because of it!).

Ok so you don't like the antenna ball

But that's not the point

I would like to know how many of you have been stop

because you have some the about geocaching on your car

:anibad:

The antenna ball is on the wife's van, I have the sticker on my truck and was chased across a parking lot by a UPS truck whose driver was a cacher. Just happened that he was looking for a cache very near the building and needed a hint, so we chatted for a bit and found the cache.

Be careful. Be very careful. These seemingly harmless plastic antenna balls are actually rather dangerous. Likely due to a one-in-a-billion chance coincidence (I doubt very much that the deadly mixup was intentional on the part of the graphic artist who designed the Signal the Frog antenna ball), it turns out that these antenna balls look very much like the frog symbol used by a small but powerful and violent sect of Immortalists known as the Frog Gall Bladder Society. This sect attempts to acheive immortality or at least near-immortality by harvesting the gall bladder and pituitary glands from any of seven species of frogs and then processing these organs in a lengthy procedure (which includes grinding and fermentation) which lasts for two years, finally yielding an elixir which is said to convey immortality upon those cult members who ingest the elixir. All of the members of the cult use certain means to allow them to be easily identified by other members of the cult, and to enable them to quicklyidentify other cult members, and these means include each of the following:

• wearing a tiny lapel button which bears a frog icon (that happens to look much like the frog symbol in question)
  • placing a small bumper sticker on their car which bears a frog icon (that happens to look much like the frog symbol in question)
  • placing a small green silicone rubber frog icon (that happens to look much like the frog symbol in question) atop the antenna on their autimobile or truck

The problem is that when these cult members see the Signal the Frog antenna-topper ball atop the car antenna of a geocacher's car, they mistakenly assume that the cacher is a member of their cult. Then, when they discover their mistake, they must, under the strict rules of the their cult (formulated in order to preserve the clandestine nature of the sect), kill the geocacher in question in order to maintain the secrecy of their cult. Thus, it can be very dangerous to emplace such a frog toy atop the antenna of your car or truck. In fact, this phenomenon is known to have led to the deaths of at least 134 geocachers in North America alone in the past 19 months. So, be careful!

:):D

:D:P:)

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team