Geocaching Calendar

StuartP

Dear All,

Any takers for a UK Gecocahing Wall Calendar, you know the type you get at xmas ?

Heres where my thinking is at currently.

- Pictures take by cachers close to a cache

- A4 Portrait, page per month, the top of the page being the picture, the bottom the calendar

- Events listed on the calendar

I intend this to be a non profit excercise, with a nominal charge of £10 per calendar with all surplus after printing and distributions going to a deserving charity. Costs I currently have need at least 50 poeple to sign yup, with hopefully £2 per calendar being surplus.

How can you help ?

- Pictures, we'll need some of these.

- Printing, do you know of a printer that could help out

Obviously time is short if people would like these for xmas, I'm investigating timescales and will post an update soon.

Cheers

Stuart

Tupperware for your lunchbox eh? You'd be welcome to any of my shots. Me uppa tree's quite fun :unsure:

In 'related news', has anyone else had one of these?:

--This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com --

Groundspeak is currently in the process of developing promotional materials for geocaching that will be made available for download and professional printing by organizations, individuals, educational institutions and companies interested in promoting geocaching.

We are seeking permission to use a photo from your photo gallery. If you are interested, you will need to send a high-resolution version of the photo described (once you respond) and include a completed photo release form as well. Please keep in mind that both the photographer and photo model must agree to release the photo.

Since we have a lot of potential photos to use, submitting the high res image and release form will, unfortunately, not guarantee that your photo will be seen in print. However, it will provide Groundspeak with the materials needed to develop these promotional materials for geocaching.

Please note that we will need to receive your emailed photos no later than Friday, December 1st. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. We are looking forward to your participation!

Best,

Shauna Maggs

Groundspeak

shauna@Groundspeak.com

Ok, update, nothing much to report.....

Other than last posting days for xmas are

1st Class 19 Dec

2nd Class 16 Dec.

This leaves 4 weeks to arrange pictures, get dates, get calendar printed, and post out.

Still, we've only got ~5 interested parties, any more takers ?

Cheers

Stuart

I like the original idea and I would like a calendar if it includes nice photos of people or caches or scenery. I am not remotely interested in a 'glamour' calendar. I am disappointed, although not terribly suprised, that a good suggestion has degenerated into a 'how big are your assets' discussion once again. Yawn.

I like the original idea and I would like a calendar if it includes nice photos of people or caches or scenery. I am not remotely interested in a 'glamour' calendar. I am disappointed, although not terribly suprised, that a good suggestion has degenerated into a 'how big are your assets' discussion once again. Yawn.

Well, yes, this is the type I was thinking of too!

Desk calendars here:

Seems a little small to me, but I am just one voice.

Perhaps a 'Get Your Kit Off' geocachers calendar?!

Errrr, No.

I like the original idea and I would like a calendar if it includes nice photos of people or caches or scenery.
Good images are good, but there are already many calenders with good images for CIN every year. I have heard plugs for two just today in the north east. Also a picture of a cacher is going to encourage but a few people to buy one, and possibly cause more not to ;-). ....so, my suggestion is a humerus calender featuring us cachers. Fortunately there is no photographic evidence of me falling from the tree, buy the way.

just out of curiosity i sent this email yesterday....

"So for the use of my photo what do I get? Surely at least a years free subscription would be in order. And if it is used singularly on an item for sale then a small percentage.

And without argument the photo to be credited to me when used."

and got this in reply.....

"Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it seems as though we have different goals and interests. Therefore, we no longer seek permission to use your photo. "

Well, with the total number of takers no greater than the number of fingers on my three hands, timescales involved and lack of time to complete tasks required I'm going to put this one to bed.

However, maybe next year, although I suspect that there may be an "official" product available by then.

Cheers

Stuart

PS. Mods Pls Close.

I personaly don't think you left yourself enough time to do one for this year. If you try for next maybe some could be sold at events to boost your numbers, even if Groundspeak do do there own I'm sure we would be more inclined to support a charity closer to home, There has been some fantastic photos on da rubber chickens thread maybe these cachers may give you permission to use them. I have also seen a fantastic photo on a avator but I can't remeber whose. If it does get off the ground good luck and I'm sure you would sell more than the minimum required