Reading Cache Logs in GSAK

larryc43230

I've been using GSAK for several months now to handle the unfound caches I get via pocket queries from GC.com. Overall, I've found the program is easy to learn and easy to use. One thing, however, has eluded me so far, and that's the ability to read the logs for a cache from inside GSAK.

I know there's a column in the database display for "Last Four Logs" (with the label "lg" at the top of the column). However, that just shows the status of the four most recent logs. I've also found that if I right-click on a record in the database and select "Show Offline (in browser)" I can display all the information for a cache in my Web browser, including the cache logs. What I would like to do is display the cache logs without getting my Web browser involved. Is there any way to accomplish this in GSAK?

--Larry

Your "F2" button will toggle the split screen view. When the split screen is open you will be able to see the cache information, including logs at the bottom of the GSAK window.

Yep, that will do nicely, thanks! I hadn't really played with the choices in the "Split screen format" drop-down at the top of the window, and hadn't noticed there are several ways to display the cache log information (including "Full logs only" and "Log summary").

GSAK is a bit like Photoshop: it has so many features you need to really explore it to discover all its capabilities.

Thanks again for the assist!

--Larry

Also, if you view the page in the 'off-line browser' it will also show you the past logs.

Actually, that's exactly what I've been doing, until recently. A couple of weeks ago, I (foolishly?) downloaded and installed the new Internet Explorer 7 on this PC. Ever since then, either launching the browser or opening a new tab in the browser takes forever compared to what I was used to with IE6. It appears to be some sort of conflict between IE7 and Webroot Spy Sweeper, because if I exit Spy Sweeper the problem goes away. Since I don't really want to use the browser without Spy Sweeper running to protect me from all those bad guys, I'm left 1) hoping that either Microsoft or Webroot will resolve the conflict, and 2) avoiding the use of the Web browser unless I really need it. If the situation continues, I may need to revert to IE6 until this conflict is worked out.

And yes, I know there are other browsers I could be using, but for reasons not worth getting into here I need to stick with some version of IE for now.

--Larry

Also, if you view the page in the 'off-line browser' it will also show you the past logs.

And yes, I know there are other browsers I could be using, but for reasons not worth getting into here I need to stick with some version of IE for now.

Just a note: Installing another broswer should not in any manner affect your need for using IE at the same time. They may argue over being the browser used to open a link or html document from your desktop or e-mail, but you can always manually start the non-default browser.

...A couple of weeks ago, I (foolishly?) downloaded and installed the new Internet Explorer 7 on this PC. Ever since then, either launching the browser or opening a new tab in the browser takes forever compared to what I was used to with IE6...

IE 7 contains a Phishing Filter. When you go to a site, it checks the site to make sure you are where you think you are. This, too, will add a considerable amount of time for the page to load.

...A couple of weeks ago, I (foolishly?) downloaded and installed the new Internet Explorer 7 on this PC. Ever since then, either launching the browser or opening a new tab in the browser takes forever compared to what I was used to with IE6...

IE 7 contains a Phishing Filter. When you go to a site, it checks the site to make sure you are where you think you are. This, too, will add a considerable amount of time for the page to load.

I thought that might be the culprit; however, turning off this feature didn't speed things up any. Besides, I have IE7 set up to spawn a blank page when I click the "New Tab" button, and even though the browser is simply giving me an empty window it still takes between 10 and 15 seconds before that empty window displays. I would hope that IE7 isn't checking an empty window for phishing problems. :unsure:

--Larry