OHIO cachers...Hola!

4leafclover

I am too. For the last year, I have been in a Northern KY suburb of Cincinnati.

At the end of this month, tho...I move to Maryland.

I heard that, but thought it was just an ugly rumor. Someone make you an offer you can't refuse?

Now where am I gonna get four-leaf clover bubles?

Wish you the best out of your move. Hey, does this mean you have a whole new set of caches to go after?

Yeah...not a rumour. I was just not sayin' much so I didn't "jinx" it. But, it is confirmed that I will be starting the 29th of this month, so I plan to drive down on the 27th. I have a whole mess of stuff that I had been collecting for GeoBash, but I won't be able to make it this year. :grin:

That is an expensive way to add another state, isn't it? :laughing:

FyrMdc

Actually, I added it to my map when they flew me in to interview. But there are a couple other states in close proximity. :grin:

I just happened to catch this. Now I'm going to have to travel a lot further for your 2k event. :laughing: Seriously though, it sounds like this is going to be a great new start for ya, and congrats on the new job...I know that's been a long time coming.

Looking for others in central OH to chat/cache with. People that understand my new addiction. :laughing: Haven't gotten any response from COGEO site and can't make their Cache & Coffee next month.

Welcome! There are lots of good caches to grab out there. Some places around here might surprise ya. I'm from Delaware, so anytime you make it up this way let me know if you want to go caching.

I just happened to catch this. Now I'm going to have to travel a lot further for your 2k event. :anicute: Seriously though, it sounds like this is going to be a great new start for ya, and congrats on the new job...I know that's been a long time coming.

Thanks, Marc. I'm just sorry I won't get to say goodbye to the lot of you....:laughing:

I too am going to miss you, Katie :laughing:

I hope J gave you that big hug from me last night! I wish I could have been there. I'm really gonna miss you on my Hair-Brained group outings. I'll always have fond memories.

Good luck to you and the family in Maryland.

Cheers ... Jim

Thanks, Marc. I'm just sorry I won't get to say goodbye to the lot of you....:P

Don't worry about that, I certainly don't feel like you were purposely trying to sneak away or anything.....or were you....hmmmmm. :anicute: Besides, I've got friends around Baltimore, and I've promised Robin a return trip to Delaware, and other places in the Northeast, so I'm sure I'll get out there for a visit sometime.

I too am going to miss you, Katie :anicute:

I hope J gave you that big hug from me last night! I wish I could have been there. I'm really gonna miss you on my Hair-Brained group outings. I'll always have fond memories.

Good luck to you and the family in Maryland.

Cheers ... Jim

She DID, Jim! Hopefully she'll give you mine back.

Now...who am I gonna give all this spongebob stuff too???? :P

Hi to all the Ohio cachers! I'm a new Cleveland cacher - just got my GPS this week. Took the kiddos out today and we found three. It was a blast and hope to continue . :anicute:

Elaur,

PLEASE be sure to check into NEOGEO, and their forums at www.geochums.com .

It will be invaluable to you.

Good luck!

I was just curious: I am coming to america to do some Geocaching in this Salt Fork State Park area and wondered if anyone has heard of Bigfoot reports in this area?

It wouldn't surprise me, but I can check when I get home. Somewhere along the line I seem to have downloaded something for Google Earth that shows various bigfoot sightings. Maybe it was just a part of the Google Earth communities that I never noticed until a few weeks ago, or maybe Bigfoot wants me to find him. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just happened to remember the site that was providing the sightings to Google Earth. Here are the listings for Guernsey County, Ohio, where Salt Fork is located, from bfro.net

Edited by Mr. 0
:D It's July! wow how time flies! anyone have any big mega-cache trips planned for the Summer? would like to here of plans. for us, we are looking forward to Sept. when we go visit some friends in England! so we have already told them about geocaching & know where they live & have done some searches. think we are going over to France for a day also. So come first part of Sept. if anyone needs a TB to go across the 'pond' let us know & see what we can do. HAPPY 4th O-H-I-O!!! :D Edited by mdegarmo

hey all. I am new to GC and this forums deal too. I am looking for a caching partner if anyone is interested. I started yesterday and have a total of 4 found thus far. If anyone else is looking for someone to GC with and is in the area of the Coords below give a shout. 26/M

Later

- J

N 39' 38.290

W 082' 52.594

Howdy all I am a Cleveland area cacher. Just dropping in to say hello. Unfortunately my work schedule is crazy, al lot of times I am at work from sun up to down. But I did get a couple of caches a few years ago with a Garmin yello GPS. (Still haven't found SWG though)

(tap tap tap)

"Is this thing on?" :blink:

OK, just checking.....

From North Central Ohio.......

(tap tap tap)

"I don't think this thing is on!" :laughing:

That happens with this thread. It dies out for a while, then it'll get busy for a couple of days...I guess we Ohioians are fickle like that.

Regardless, welcome to everyone who has posted in the past few weeks!

Just trying to get the word out that we exsist in North Central Ohio. Got a new webpage and great upcoming events. All posted on GC.com. Come see us, cache with us, and smile with us!

Peacetrain

I've been thinking about join y'all for an event up there, since it's not too far from home. I've just not been able to find the time for it lately. What's the webpage by the way?

Just trying to get the word out that we exsist in North Central Ohio. Got a new webpage and great upcoming events. All posted on GC.com. Come see us, cache with us, and smile with us!

Peacetrain

I've been thinking about join y'all for an event up there, since it's not too far from home. I've just not been able to find the time for it lately. What's the webpage by the way?

http://www.ncogeo.com/forum/index.php

We have a Meet 'n' Greet coming up, come if you can!!

Peacetrain :anitongue:

I was just made aware of geocaching last week, while working with a tech from knoxville, TN. We went 7-7 my first time out (Nashville). I'm amazed at how many there are in Ohio within an hour from my house in Franklin........... I'm excited to go buy me a GPS hopefully this weekend.

Edited by ctussey