Palm, GSAK, Cachemate, log count

sock-it-2-me

I think what you're looking for is a setting in GSAK

click 'File' -> then click 'Export' -> then click 'Cachemate PDB File'

toward the bottom of this page there's a setting that reads

"Limit number of logs to export"

and there's a drop-down box there to select a number or "No Limit"

Hope this is what you're looking for.

I found that, and it is set to no limit... think I'll put a 5 in there and see if I get any more... thank you.

Changed log count to 5, but still get only one... I'm missing something simple, I just don't know what it is, yet... I remember somewhere I could pick the past 5 or 10 logs, but can't remember where...

I found that, and it is set to no limit... think I'll put a 5 in there and see if I get any more... thank you.

Probably time to break down where the problem comes in. Is it from GC.com into GSAK? or from GSAK to cachemate?

In GSAK, pick a cache listing and do a right-click on it. Click on 'Show offline in browser'

See if there's more than one log listed there. If you see more than one, then the logs are getting from GC.com into GSAK just fine and they're not getting put into the palm.

But if you see only one log listed there, then your pocket query is not asking for the logs from GC.com and you'll have to check your pocket query.

Puppies is right on. While out there in the woods waiting for my partner, I started messing around with it, and saw the little arrow next to the cache date. I poked it with my stylus, and there they all were...

Operator Error.... again... Thank you all.

------

If anyone reads this, how do I get my tightly engineered screen protector off the screen when the time comes?

If I had thought about it, I would have left a tab to pull it off, but I cut it to fit..... I don't want to use an x-acto knife to get uder it, but it tells me how to put in on, not how to get it off... Ist there an easy way, like putting a piece of tape on one corner and peeling it back?

I think I'll try the sticky tape thing on one corner... should do the trick.. thank you.

Glad to help.

I don't know about the screen protector... my guess is that when it is time to be replaced it wont be stuck on there so well anymore. But I would think some nice really sticky tape would do the trick.

But if you see only one log listed there, then your pocket query is not asking for the logs from GC.com and you'll have to check your pocket query.

I have a related question. I'm running GSAK and cachemate, premium member, and I can't figure out how to get all the logs in my PQ. I'm only getting 5 everytime I run it. I've looked and looked, but I can't figure out how to ask for all of them when running the PQ. I've checked GSAK's settings, and it's set to No Limits on the logs to show, however all that ever shows is 5. Any ideas?

I believe that 5 logs is the maximum number of logs included for each cache in the PQ. This is set by Groundspeak and I don't believe there is a way to change it.

Thanks for the response, and after further research, I believe you're right. I did find that I could download individual .gpx files and load them into GSAK, and it would give me all the logs. I've started doing this, and just overwriting the individual waypoints from my PQ, thereby giving me all the logs on specific caches that I'm interested in. This is probably the best way, since it will be specific to my wants rather than loading 100 logs on easy park and grabs where the logs wouldn't be that helpful.

Thanks again for the response.