We need to move to the new Portal

As people are starting to say it in specific threads, perhaps it is time for everyone to stop posting in the old Groundspeak Forums

All new discussions and proposals have been over at the Portal for a while.

Having new content added here is going to cause issues. Especially in the areas of "Proposals"

I was under the impression that TPTB were going to transfer the content, but personally I think that is a bad idea. Instead we should take the core substance items that we've learned and compose some documents to get the basic ideals so everyone can start fresh.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

I tried pasting something over in the new forums yesterday and was unable to do so...it could be because I'm a potato-head, but it's possible that it cannot be done...

That being said, I think that we should move all Waymarking discussion over to the Waymarking forum-space...and set a date (say Dec. 1) to delete the old forums in the gc.forum-space...with a redirect built in to, steer people to the right place.

Jamie - NFA

Edited by NFA

I tried to get to post over there and I can't.

I go to Waymarking and my name and password goes through ok. and it says Team_Talisman signed in.

But when I go to the forum portal. It wont let me post and it says to sign in. So i sign in there and says invalid :blink: password.

I click box to retrieve password and wait hours for no email to come. :laughing:

NFA: - Pasting in the new forums is done by switching the box from Design to HTML. Then you can right-click and paste. Then convert back to Design. Hopefully this is just a temporary issue.

Team_Talisman: - It might be the underscore in your Alias. Others have had to get their account name altered by Groundspeak, hopefully also as a temporary fix.

:unsure: The Blue Quasar

IMHO, the new forums are not yet stable. See our case! :-)

I had to ask to a friend to reply on a thread related to one of my waymarks...

Ultimately you will need to remove the ampersand in your name since the new forums don't support it. It's not that the forums aren't stable - they just don't support some of the Groundspeak usernames.

IMHO, the new forums are not yet stable. See our case! :-)

I had to ask to a friend to reply on a thread related to one of my waymarks...

Ultimately you will need to remove the ampersand in your name since the new forums don't support it. It's not that the forums aren't stable - they just don't support some of the Groundspeak usernames.

This is no longer true, as Jeremy indicates in this new thread. Huzzah!