Dreamcatcher Coin Set [Pre-sales]

AtwellFamily

Some were asking for the list and here it is. If your name is missing please let me know, I would hate to overlook someone.

List of sales to-date

Just noticed my name is on the list twice. :(

As much as I'd like to have 2 sets, the $$ just ain't there this time of year!

ESPECIALLY after Mrs. Grid hit all the After-Thanksgiving sales and knocked a $1300 dent in the checking account!!! :mad::(

The money was set aside for Christmas gifts anyway, but it sure was scary seeing most of what we had set aside come out in one day!! :) At least we only have 3 more people to buy for! (Out of 22, so it's not too bad :) )

D-man :o

Just noticed my name is on the list twice. :)

As much as I'd like to have 2 sets, the $$ just ain't there this time of year!

ESPECIALLY after Mrs. Grid hit all the After-Thanksgiving sales and knocked a $1300 dent in the checking account!!! :):o

The money was set aside for Christmas gifts anyway, but it sure was scary seeing most of what we had set aside come out in one day!! :( At least we only have 3 more people to buy for! (Out of 22, so it's not too bad :( )

D-man :mad:

$1300 Yikes!! I guess thats no worse than people waiting in line for days just so they could get a PS3. Thats borderline physcotic! :(

Ok some feedback on the placment of the feather, First off too bad that the loop was not created on the coin to start, like some other coins out there (that have a loop as part of the die process,) and would have looked like the dangler that you first posted a photo of (center pic) of what was posted. Even if the feather is 1mm thick it won't be dangling from the coin it will be some what on top of coin, no way to get away from that , it changes the whole design and look of the coin, at this point just my personal opinion (not worth that much) :P hanging off the front of coin won't look good and change the concept of the coin itself.

The whole idea was to have this come off the bottom of the coin and be dangling freely. I see 2 options to keep the design close,, how about just a thin loop where it is or resort to a hole on the outter edge of the coin as stated before.

Is the current loop being used solid or a split ring that has been fed through the hole on coin?? perhaps if thinner material but a larger loop in diameter not thickness it could be compressed into a oval shape , thinking outloud.. Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Ok some feedback on the placment of the feather, First off too bad that the loop was not created on the coin to start, like some other coins out there (that have a loop as part of the die process,) and would have looked like the dangler that you first posted a photo of (center pic) of what was posted. Even if the feather is 1mm thick it won't be dangling from the coin it will be some what on top of coin, no way to get away from that , it changes the whole design and look of the coin, at this point just my personal opinion (not worth that much) :P hanging off the front of coin won't look good and change the concept of the coin itself.

The whole idea was to have this come off the bottom of the coin and be dangling freely. I see 2 options to keep the design close,, how about just a thin loop where it is or resort to a hole on the outter edge of the coin as stated before.

Is the current loop being used solid or a split ring that has been fed through the hole on coin?? perhaps if thinner material but a larger loop in diameter not thickness it could be compressed into a oval shape , thinking outloud.. Glenn

I posted an idea back on page one, but it must have gotten lost in the shuffle. It was to drill a hole on the bottom of the coin, at 6 o'clock, and weld an eye-hook in it; they make them that small. But with 900 of these coins, it's probably not a reasonable idea, any longer. I really don't like the look of the feather on a ring that runs through the "cut-outs", but as long as any such ring is openable, I'll have the option of taking it off and doing something of my own to the feather. So at this point, that's all I would ask for: please don't weld the ring closed :D

Looks like invoices are going out... did the 'dangler' issue ever get resolved? Just wondering how it's going to function.

Thanks...

I was given assurance that the mint will place where red ceircle is in this post: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=2590065 It will still dangle some but your are free to move the dangler if you don't like where it is placed.

If this is an issue for anyone then please contact me via PM.

That's cool. I do a little chainmail jewelry (another good source for "jump rings" as well as "split rings" in a variety of types, materials, and sizes) and think I might make a little chain to make mine dangle more. And/or put one on the other side to attach a "This is where my traveler would like to go/what it would like to do/please don't steal me" Note.

I have been dropping coins in caches over the past week (in CA). So I thought I would do the same here.

As a thank you to those of you who have ordered and paid. The first five of you who post here will get an additional coin. Seeing as it will be an extra, I hope it will get to see the world.

This offer is for those who have ordered and paid.

Thanks again for your orders! :(

They should be arriving any day now. We were told 14 days, but haven't heard from the mint yet. (At least I haven't heard from Atwell Family - that he has heard from the mint B) ).

It's 24 cutouts and one dangly. There's a pic of the sample coin posted a bit higher in the thread.

Windrose

Coins should be here this week. I have everything ready to turn the orders around in 1 day. I am still waiting on payment from a few people and have sent out friendly reminders. I would like to have the rest of these in place so I can turn around all the orders at once. Here is a list of those I am waiting on:

Fox-and-the-hound

gridlox

funkoptimus

Whitebear

rasj

Rock_Rat

Totem Clan

hidnseek

Computer_Hiker

Some response to the email is appreciated, just need to know if I need to hold your order or not.

Thanks

Great news!!! <_<

Coins should be in my hands tomorrow and I should be able to ship all those who have paid by Wednesday.

Scheduled Delivery: 12/19/2006

If someone really needs these by Christmas for a gift please contact me by email or PM. We can work something out. Happy Holidays!!!

eddited for trade info... Will ship trades by the end of the week.

Edited by Atwell Family

Coins should be here this week. I have everything ready to turn the orders around in 1 day. I am still waiting on payment from a few people and have sent out friendly reminders. I would like to have the rest of these in place so I can turn around all the orders at once. Here is a list of those I am waiting on:

Fox-and-the-hound

gridlox

funkoptimus

Whitebear

rasj

Rock_Rat

Totem Clan

hidnseek

Computer_Hiker

Some response to the email is appreciated, just need to know if I need to hold your order or not.

Thanks

I have been having some issues with email too. I can't find the email with the invoice anywhere, nor can I find the "first reminder" email, but I checked paypal and low and behold, there's an invoice waiting on me. I paid it this morning. Sorry for the delay. :)

Fox-and-the-hound

gridlox

funkoptimus

Whitebear

rasj

Rock_Rat

Totem Clan

hidnseek

Computer_Hiker

Thanks

I have been having some issues with email too. I can't find the email with the invoice anywhere, nor can I find the "first reminder" email, but I checked paypal and low and behold, there's an invoice waiting on me. I paid it this morning. Sorry for the delay. :)

I too got some glinches in the emails mostly returned back when I would send them out.

Anyway paypal sent around 1pm central time.

thx

The Dreamcatchers arrived yesterday, and I have attached photos to a post on my cache Pictures.

When opening the boxes I noticed right away that the jumpring had not been changed to 1mm or moved to the location I had indicated in forum or confirmation letter to mint. I could have and will live with the coins made this way. That is the smallest jump ring that will work for this application. The location I requested is not possible and looking at the coins I can understand why. Really no physical way to actually get the jumpring attached where I had requested.

Upon further inspection the wording “trackable at geocaching.com” had been left off the edge etching. Without this I cannot, by Groundspeak terms sell the coins as GEO coins. To me this was a show stopper. Looking back at all the emails and such I see where it was talked about and agreed upon but on the final confirmation it was missing. This was an oversight by my part for sure but the sales rep as well.

I contacted the mint right away and indicated the problems. I have spoken with the mint today and have come to, what I believe is a satisfactory resolution. They are having additional coins minted and will have the text corrected. I am not going to have the jumpring changed there are issues with the placement I requested that cannot be overcome (as indicated above). I don't feel this changes the overall design, appearance or intention of the coin or dangler. The mint was very helpful in agreeing with these corrections and their correspondence with me. They wanted to make sure they produced a satisfactory product that I was happy with.

The production of new coins will take about a week. I hope to ship the coins the first week in January, if all goes well.

I can understand if at this point there may be some of you who would like a refund, and I will honor any of those requests. Please direct your emails to me at mike@atwell.com with “Refund” in the subject. In the meantime I will continue to do what I have done to this point, which is to communicate via the forum and email all necessary information relating to this coin.

Thank you for your patience in the matter and I hope we can still conclude our business in and amicable way.

P.S.

As far as the first sets that were produced. I am looking for a way to remove the tracking numbers without affecting the coins. If this can be done I will be sending you an additional set. If not, I will be recycling the metal. I do not want any of these to get out into the world with valid tracking numbers, which would create chaos. I also can not match set for set seeing as the tracking numbers were put on each metal at random, there is no way to make sure sets have the same metal and tracking numbers and there would still be a chance that the coins without the “tracking at geocaching.com” would get out.

P.S.

As far as the first sets that were produced. I am looking for a way to remove the tracking numbers without affecting the coins. If this can be done I will be sending you an additional set. If not, I will be recycling the metal. I do not want any of these to get out into the world with valid tracking numbers, which would create chaos. I also can not match set for set seeing as the tracking numbers were put on each metal at random, there is no way to make sure sets have the same metal and tracking numbers and there would still be a chance that the coins without the “tracking at geocaching.com” would get out.

As I mentioned in email (this might help others too) a dremmel will work wonders for removing tracking numbers!

email kicked back for those with the following providers:

worldnet.att.net

mchsi.com

Sorry, don't know what else to do.

Unrelated to this coin but I had mail bounce back to a few days ago I tried to send to worldnet.att.net

Send me an e-mail to support at usagecoins dot com so we can see if we are using the same servers or if it's an att problem. I've contacte me ISP and they have contacted att.