Night Sweats

Peconic Bay Sailors

This one is definitely on my list, but I'm not sure if I can make it that night. I took a quick look for some of the markers when I was there after dark doing "unfinished business"

If a lot of people are going you might want to think about parking options. Its sort of a quiet residential area and a whole hoard of cars parked there might draw attention. I'm pretty sure there was a log about someone being hassled by police as I'm not sure if you are technically allowed there at night ?? (I could be wrong about this though)

Edited by trowel32

This one is definitely on my list, but I'm not sure if I can make it that night. I took a quick look for some of the markers when I was there after dark doing "unfinished business"

If a lot of people are going you might want to think about parking options. Its sort of a quiet residential area and a whole hoard of cars parked there might draw attention. I'm pretty sure there was a log about someone being hassled by police as I'm not sure if you are technically allowed there at night ?? (I could be wrong about this though)

You know, I thought about that when I was there, but I was there alone. This should be considered :( Have fun all, and be sure to bring proper footware :sad:

I would like to go also! I'm about an hour south of the posted coords. Are thier more details, such as a place to meet? time? I work till 3pm that day, and might be taggin' along with someone, or coming separately... depending on what time everything is goin' down. :-)

Sounds like a pretty cool cache since this would be my first night cache.

~WowWhoaWeeWa

(aka, OhhShinyThings - I'm in the process of changing my user name... again.)

I'm pretty sure there was a log about someone being hassled by police

That was the cache owner scaring the crap out of the FTFers. :P:):)

Boo! I believe it was someone from "Fish and Game" .... or maybe someone who liked to fish and enjoyed the game....

Good luck. There's no prohibition I'm aware of visiting that area at night. It's a bit off the beaten path - but you can always try "Unfinished Business" in the afternoon - get some dinner - then hit "Nightsweats".

UFB should be fun this time of year....muhahahahahahahahahahah!

I'm pretty sure there was a log about someone being hassled by police

That was the cache owner scaring the crap out of the FTFers. :unsure::unsure::laughing:

Ohhh :unsure: See how bad my memory is.... :unsure:

I'm going to try to make it depending on what I'm doing that day/night. Any specific meeting time as of yet?

Oh - and I agree with Twocat's suggestion about getting there before dark to get the lay of the land. The one time I left there in the dark when I was doing "Unfinished Business" I had a heck of a time finding my way out once I got off of the "road" and back into the woods. I ended up on the wrong side of the water and couldn't find the bridge :unsure:

Also, you might want to think about eye protection. I had regular eye glasses on when I was there in the dark trying to finish "unfinshed business". I got whacked in the eye by a branch and my eyeball had some serious red marks on it for nearly a week - luckily I didn't get hit in the center of my eye :unsure:

Edited by trowel32

Ya, ya, ya... I know I was late... gave everyone time to bond...

Sorry I missed the fun - was hoping to get over there and meet up with the group.

I was reading the paper this morning and saw an article on someone they found dead of exposure on RT24 in Chatham. I hope tonight's hunt went off without a hitch (or any swimming).

Hope you enjoyed the cache.....

Thnaks Deb for starting this adventure up. No swimming Hart but some heavy duty wading.

Heh....yeah, that area can be tough after some heavy rains.

Sometimes it's a dry walk.....it's all timing!

I remember BassonPilot's log on Unfinished Business (near Nightsweats). I think he was wading chest high getting that cache!

:oNow THAT was a caching experience!

Found out about it during the week and didn't know if it was going to be possible until about 4:30 pm today! Glad I didn't miss this one! Great group, fantastic caches... Great group glee-club rendition of "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" :mad: and Johnny Cash's "Five Feet High And Rising!" :) The offer of swimming lessons was another nice touch! :lol:

Way to go, Deb, nice event! :lol: Thanks much! :lol:

"Night Sweats" and "Unfinished Business" were true challenges that I don't know would have been successful without a group effort. :mad:

A pleasure seeing some old friends :o , and, a likewise pleasure meeting some new ones! :o

PS thankfully, no one got seasick! :)

Edited by klizich

I just came home to 16 logs for both Night Sweats and UFB. Sounds like a fun night.

I can't believe folks did UFB at night - that's truly an accomplishment. I couldn't tell from the logs if someone gave away the final location of the cache - or if folks actually did the entire cache. I'm hoping people didn't provide shortcuts or give up the location of the cache (or the puzzles).

If the cachers really figured out UFB and did it at night - there should be a special prize. :anitongue:

there should be a special prize

Got any of those fish and game dept badges to hand out? :cry:

There is a special prize... The BOOBY Prize...

Aw man, I miss all the good prizes.

Me too. If there were Boobies as prizes.... I'd be geocaching more often! :cry:

Gives new meaning to TNLN. :cry:

Edited by HartClimbs