10.00 am to 4 pm

Burrington Cache Bash

GCZ9BV

burringtoninn.JPG

The Burrington Inn

Burrington Combe

North Somerset

BS40 7AT

Be there or be Square Geographically Challenged!

As well as advertising this event, this thread is to stimulate discussion around the suggestion that we hold geocaching workshops on the day - see link above. Post any views or suggestions here; polite ones only please! 'Post away but come on the day'.

sounds like a jolly good idea to me

would love to learn about html, would be useful to pep up my profile page a bit

see you there all being well

:huh:

I could definately be persuaded to come home for the day!!!

It may even be my first event!

Unless something local comes up between now and then

Saturday 24th February 2007

10.00 am to 4 pm

LINK TO EVENT PAGE = Burrington Cache Bash

GCZ9BV

burringtoninn.JPG

The Burrington Inn

Burrington Combe

North Somerset

BS40 7AT

Be there or be Square Geographically Challenged!

As well as advertising this event, this thread is to stimulate discussion around the suggestion that we hold geocaching workshops on the day - see link above. Post any views or suggestions here; polite ones only please! 'Post away but come on the day'.

Sorry. It wasn't clear in my original post above that there was a link and I don't seem able to edit it. FMC :)

We (2 adults, 2 kids) are intending to come along and would love to have some help with html, smartening up our cache pages and an explanation of paperless caching.

We see from the logs that we'll be some of your more experienced cachers, so we'll gladly pass on any tips that we've found out along the way - this'll have to be in an informal way as the Juniors can be demanding (those with kids will understand what we mean). We note that there is some interest in caching with kids - the Junior Locators are aged 6 & 7, so we can happily chat about that subject if you need us.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If you are planning to attend a workshop/s at this event but have not yet indicated which one/s, can you please post a further note on the event page or email me through my profile by 20th January.

The decision about which workshops to run must be taken soon and if there is insufficient interest in a workshop it will have to be dropped - book now or loose it!

is now only 6 weeks away.

Please see the event page for an update with new features.

I'm 'bumping' this thread as a reminder to anyone who wishes to attend but has forgotten to register.

Please note: This event has proved much more popular than I had anticipated for a winter event -well it is mid February after all! B) The pub can cope with the numbers for food, etc but it is going to be a squeeze on the car parking front so please park carefully . On the food front please bear in mind the pub have to cope with an influx of probably over 160 of us (yes, I’m finding it hard to believe as well B)) on top of their usual numbers which fluctuate depending on the weather. If it’s fine expect to have to wait for your food!

Due to a permissions issue there will only be about 3 new caches on the day, sorry. A print out of the caches within 1½ miles will be produced but if you wish to go further a field please bring your own cache info’ (printed of paperless).

CITO bags and gloves willbe available when you collect your cache listing sheet.

Finally, please remember that this event is being run by volunteers (and in my case, at least, total amateurs!!! B) ) so things are bound to go wrong but hopefully that will be part of it's charm! After all we are all there to.............

:blink::blink::huh::blink:B):huh:;)B) have fun! B)B)B)B)B):DB)B)

This is going to be such good fun, 160 cachers all logging local caches - empty out those email inboxes!! Its going to be reminiscent of the Gowenhouse bash last year, we ended up caching in coach parties of 30 or more!

Are you expecting people to bring name badges for identification purposes?

EDIT - Ive just read on the cache page that you are already suggesting name badges!

Edited by Chaotica_UK

99 TBs and coins dropped....

....only 40 mins to drop anymore and make it over 100!!!!

Oops! Not really; the deadline was YESTERDAY! This was to allow Dougal of Dick Dastardly, Dougal, Scooby and Angelina some slack to produce a trackable information sheet.

FMC

[but thanks for bumping the thread as a reminder]

FMC

Superbly organised event! Thoroughly enjoyed the day! ;)

Thanks to all involved. Talks were well presented and informative,thanks to all the speakers.

Last but not least thanks go to Robin for starting the ball rolling way back in November.

Big thanks and congrats to all involved. If only you could be nominated for a Geocaching Oscar!

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR?(if not before)! ;)

Edited by tteggod trackers

Thanks to everyone who put time and effort into organising this event. A shame we could not stay longer <_<

I particularly liked the idea of the workshops... it's an idea I have not seen before and by all accounts they went down well. Perhaps that's an idea for future bash organisers to consider?

Looking forward to the next one already! :D

Jon & Lesley