Geocaching with Mobile Phone (Geocache Navigator)

Jeremy

still no answers for the Boost users???

Let me provide a general update for Boost. Some time ago Nextel (the network Boost runs on) discovered a HUGE issue with a certificate expiring. This certificate invalidate all location aware applications and the ability to even download apps on the phone. I personally am on the phone with the content publishers working towards getting the applications re-signed and back on the deck. Carrier time can be so incredibly long and frustrating.

Once we can get resolution, I will personally post the details here.

Larry (Trimble Outdoors)

I have Geocache Navigator on my boost phone, setting up one of my sons' boost phone. Loaded Trimble Outdoors because GN still does not seem to be offered by boost. T.O. seems to be an application with multi outdoor functions. Prop will not renew it at the end of the month. Does not function even close to G.N. Now with T.O. offered by boost, does this mean G.N. will be offered again?

While T.O is a decent application, it just does not replace the G.N.

thanks ;)

I just noticed that there is now support for some phones that use Verizon! http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/supportedphones/

That is a fact. Trimble Outdoors is now launched on 22 VZW phones.

Larry (Trimble Outdoors)

Now that Trimble Outdoors is on Verizon, are there any plans to add Geocache Navigator support for those Verizon phones?

As with all wireless carriers, we seek to get all of our applications available. At this time, the only offering we will have is the Trimble Outdoors product. The Geocaching.com web site does have a mechanism to send caches to Trimble Outdoors. However, there is a limit of one at a time.

Larry

In order to use this service, do you have to have mobile web service on your phone or is this truly a stand alone program (assuming the phone is GPS capable)?

I have Sprint with gps installed. My phone is HTC Touch Diamond. It is not on the list of phones available for. Any suggestions :lol:

In order to use this service, do you have to have mobile web service on your phone or is this truly a stand alone program (assuming the phone is GPS capable)?

I have Sprint with gps installed. My phone is HTC Touch Diamond. It is not on the list of phones available for. Any suggestions :blink:

The HTC is a Windows Mobile device. We are not supportng Windows Mobile at this time.

Anything on the Sprint Instinct?

We have an Instinct and we are playing with it now. The touch screen interface will require some changes. At this time I can only say we are very interested but this will clearly take more effort.

Larry (Trimble Outdoors)

If you need any beta testers, please let me know. I would love to see this application on the Instinct.

I'll be a beta as well :laughing: That would be complete my phone!

Any word on support for Windows Mobile units? I just got a new HTC Ozone and it does have unlocked GPS (verizon finaly did something right LOL). Im getting 8-9 sat connections indoors with google maps and want to get outside and use it as my main geocache tool

Edited by nobody077

Hi there

I just wanted to know if anybody would know if Geocache Navigator would work with the LG Rumour 2 mobile phone with Bell Mobility as a server? Bell tells me that it has built in GPS and Mobile Brouwsing. But I'm still unable to get the Geocache site to load up properly to log onto site so as to use map from there for caching.

After reading some of the comments I thought that this is maybe the way I should go for caching with my phone.

Any help please as as i'm getting mad with the phone, pleaseeeeee.

Any word on support for Windows Mobile units? I just got a new HTC Ozone and it does have unlocked GPS (verizon finaly did something right LOL). Im getting 8-9 sat connections indoors with google maps and want to get outside and use it as my main geocache tool

At this time we do not have any specific plans to support windows mobile. If that should change in the future we will post information about supported devices.

Larry (Trimble Outdoors)